1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dick Vermiel?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thunderstruck, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I'm not predicting anything regarding our HC position. In fact, if I was forced to bet I would probably lay odds on Marty being retained for another year. But I just thought of Dick Vermiel and I was wondering what people would think if we brought him in as our HC. I think we have a much better defense than he ever had in KC, and an offense that would probably fit his offensive philosophy pretty well. I'm not sure if I would be thrilled about the hire though because there have been some past complaints that DV overworked his players in the preseason and was disinterested in the defensive side of the ball. On the other hand, he's 6-5 in the postseason and has a ring.

Ignoring for a moment whether you want Marty retained or not, what would your reaction be to Vermiel?

(I don't know why, maybe it was the similarity of the Rams to our old Air Coryell teams, the similarities between the Chiefs' offense with Priest and our offense with LT, but for some reason DV seems like a feasible hire unlike some other names that have been tossed around.)

2. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    He is another dinosaur. And he cries a lot. Like, way more than I think I can handle. Plus I heard him on the radio this morning, and I didn't like him. But he's going to be in California, so I dunno what that means...

3. **2~FOR~1**

**2~FOR~1** BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    He belongs in a soap opera, not the NFL. Too much drama! :tdown:

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    wouldn't be a bad choice at HC, done it all in the past
    but yeah he's an old ball coach. Probably the best name I've heard being thrown out there

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I think that our team would be much like his Rams. Could work, though I would want him to stop crying...

6. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    And what happens after 3 or 4 years .. he quits again!? He gets bored too quickly if you ask me.

7. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    hey that old bastrd no we dont need anymore k.c throwbacks in 3 or 4 years he'll be like "what was i doing again oh yeah that was it coaching"<<< vermiel on the border opf alzhiemers

8. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Vermiel may have caught Lightning in a Bottle in STL. But he proved he can't handle the grind this job requires. NO WAY NO HOW.

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

lol. Exactly what I was going to say.

He would be the perfect candidate IMO but way too emotional.
    Imagine him working under AJ?
    AJ would not tolerate walking on egg shells either!!! :icon_rofl:

11. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Snoop Dogg for head coach.

I want the entire team to take roids, wear bling as much as possible, talk **** about every other team and be punished if they don't execute on sundays. If they win they can all toke it up with coach and party all week.