1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Did anyone see Rivers, Wilhelm, and Phillips jawing at cultet ?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by PhilipRivers#1, Dec 24, 2007.

1. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    I found it quite amusing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I was listening to Rock 105.3 Postgame show and Bauer asked Rivers about the incident. He said it wasn't a big deal and that he was just backing up Wilhelm and the other guys on Defense. Man, PR talks a lot of trash. But that's just football. I wonder what Cutlet did to piss the Chargers off?

3. timepiece33

timepiece33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +25
    The Broncos used to talk an immense amount of crap when they owned us (before Rivers started playing). Remember, this is the team that cheap shot Drew Brees and Champ Bailey basically talked smack throughout his time there. IMO, this team hates Denver and it shows.

The difference right now is that we OWN them and Champ isn't happy about being dominated. Our defense seemed to get into Cutler's head. 0-4 buddy.

4. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    That's so true man. I remember all the cut blocking and dirty plays these Donkeys have done in the past. I guess what goes around comes around. And Bailey and Bly suck up a lot of cap space so all the better. Those aren't the same Donks that used to be so tough to run on. And I like it!!

5. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Enjoy the golf course Denver.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
  7. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    You know what's funny?

Norv could have easily run up the score, but he didn't. Instead, in the middle of the third quarter, Norv not only takes his foot off the accelerator but firmly presses the brake.

It's like he was telling Shanahan, "you're team sucks so much that we're not even going to try, and we're STILL going to kick your ***."

That's actually more humiliating than running up the score.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    I had already left the game (refuse to watch volek suck the fun out of a game) but sure did laugh pretty hard watching that clip :icon_rofl:

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    there's alot of backstory we don't know. Whatever you think about Rivers, Phillips and Wilhelm lets face it, they don't jaw jack like that to anyone unless there's a reason. And I think there's some backstory, something that happened between the Bronco and Charger players that we don't know about that fueled this and probably fueled (assuming it wasn't the cause) some of those early cheap hits and plays by the Broncos early

10. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    I though that it was hilarious. They were jawing and talking the entire first half, and they're nothing more than a bunch of scrubs. Cutler and Scheffler whine to the refs more than any players I have ever seen, and they are a bunch of babies. What was hilarious was Tirico saying that we were rubbing it in to the Broncos, how? We had most of our starters out the second half.

11. LTisCool

LTisCool BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
    I really want to know what Cutler did to get that kind of treatment. It's bad enough that his *** was handed to him repeatedly (from his point of view - not from ours), but he should have kept quiet if he didn't want to be taunted.

Champ Bailey's a smack talker and he says he doesn't like Rivers because he's a smack talker. Clearly, we've got a fierce rivalry between rival teams - that makes sense.

12. LTisCool

LTisCool BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
    Scheffler's a puss-puss, he wanted a pass interference call from the ref after he ran right into Cooper. I saw that and just thought "what a dumbass"

13. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    PR is trash. Looks like a joke out there mouthing off when he would be getting his *** kicked starting at QB on any other team not named the Chargers or Patriots. I have decided to start calling him Riverdance as it looks like he is dropping back barefoot into hot coal and doing Irish tapdances. Ugliest mechanics I have ever seen in my life and mechanics does not just mean his sidearm throw.

When PR retires (end of the season) he will have a new job waiting for him

[​IMG]

14. timepiece33

timepiece33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +25
    Back story? You better believe Jamal Williams reminds them of one of the worst cheap shots I have ever seen on a field that almost cost him his career. Then you go to the Igor Olshansky incident last year and the Drew Brees injury followed by Champ Bailey's arrogant comments in the paper after it. Champ Bailey talked incessantly when they were winning and for good reason. They backed it up.

Now, the Broncos have become their biggest rivalry. These guys hate them and they take it out on them now that they have superior talent all over the field.

Broncos fans are bitter, because they got annihilated two times this year. Want to know what's worse. It could have been worse. We basically played our backups for a good portion of the game.

15. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Rivers was doing this same thing in college so it shouldn't come as a big surprise now. I was totally disgusted with the ESPN broadcast crew
    tonight. Jaws was really starting to wear on me, Rivers this and Rivers that, then Rivers hit's a few good passes and he looks like an a-hole.

I am a bit concerned about Rivers play, it seems like he should be further ahead of where he's at. It looks to me as if he's guessing where to go with the ball at times and it should be more on reaction instead. No, I'm not paranoid.:no:

16. SDC-IL

SDC-IL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    I think we are seeing that the players and fans hate Denver more than ANYONE in the NFL.

17. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Some Denver Douche called us the new Raiders, what a moron this person must truley be. We are being called classless? Isn't that what they call any team that beats them nowadays? Fact is, Denver use to carry huge bragging rights in form of a rampaging stable or runners, that isn't the way it is anymore.

They are use to smackin thier backwoods tobacco spittin' gums at opponents, (not very good at it either, Shannon Dull didn't deserve the trash talking rep he had) and backing it up, Rivers also talkled **** to the best defender to grace a backfield in nfl history (bailey) and two plays later threw on him successfully. Noone likes it when the worm turns, in Denver there is evident proof of this. Cutler doesn't have what it takes, our D owns their entire O, and they need to rebuild, the link in the op is just a mating call of a bunch of losers.

18. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Rivers is your daddy. :yes: :flag:

19. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I know it's not a huge deal but I was reading the UT this morning thinking about some of the comments the readers e-mail in about the game the next morning. Many of them have villified Rivers for being immature, dumb, etc. But I kept thinking, I've never seen Phillips, Wilhelm or Rivers talk trash to anybody like that ever really esp. to an opposing QB. I kept thinking, Cutlet must have said something real insulting that pissed them off and this is what I think it was:

"It doesn't matter since you're going to lose in the playoffs anyway!"

THAT would piss the guys off. That's what I think Cutter said. Just sour grapes and pissed he got his :deadhorse: handed to him. Just good old hatin and football. Nothing I haven't seen in the past. Even high school and college games are like that but you don't hear what happens on the field. Hell, I would have been saying that if we were in the Donkeys position, at home watching the playoffs from our livingrooms. :abq2:

Oh and I agree with you all that Karma is a you know what. All that cheap shot crap and trash talking the Donkeys did in the past is coming back to haunt them. See how that Lepsis guy (o-lineman from the Donks) got hurt? Karma baby, Karma. I hope he got cut blocked....

20. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    You know Denver is really funny, Didn't marshall come out earlier this year and said that Denver had the most talent in the division and it was theirs to lose?? Choke on it :yes:

They had the dirtiest team in the league for years with all the chop/cut blocking going on and now they want to *****?? :lol: How's it feel to be down their with the Turds :icon_shrug:

f'em!!! :yes:

21. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Up all their asses and what a Christmas gift. We did it with no spit.

The Broncos are losers and the butt hurt...oh the butt hurt :tup:

22. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    It hasn't even begun for all the crap Shanahan and the Broncos have pulled. And people can say what they want about Rivers but the fact is Brees and Flutie before him couldn't get it done against Denver. Philip is 4-0 against the Donkeys. :tup: :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  23. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings:
    +288

I saw fire in him last night.. When he kept on missing his double covered recievers and he was bi@tchin' bout it :yes:

:lol:

24. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings:
    +288

I will say this about Rivers, he needs to calm the F down!!! He gets WAY to excited at times and i'm not even talking about the trash talkin, I'm talkin bout in the pocket.

It took Brees about 4 years (starting) to mature I'm hoping Rivers starts next year

25. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    You nailed my sentiments exactly. He's got that pouty fukkin' look on his face all the time. Dude has had so much smoke blown up his azz that he thinks he's the next coming of John Elway, when he actually looks like Jeff George II. All arm, no brain. They would be better off with Jake at the helm right now. At least he's not a quitter like this jaggoff.

Rivers was money last night. With the exception of that long bomb (underthrown) to Jackson that Bailey broke up, he was throwing lasers and making the right reads.

Philip now OWNS DENVER. :abq2:

• Like Like x 1
  26. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    When the game slows down for Rivers which should be happening as we speak, watch out. The dude will settle down.

27. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    he is a game manager not a playmaker just like i said two months ago and john ramsdell just reinforced these remarks in an interview this past week. this means that you better surround him with GAWD like talent because without it, he cannot make any plays.

now do you want to win or do you want to win in style???

[​IMG]

28. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings:
    +288
    Most of the time last night he was calm and I agree when it slows down for him watch out!!! Dude is a winner plain and simple. Forget his mechanics he does have "it". You can see it at times but not consistantly right now.

Maybe Norv can slip a valium in his pregame shake or something :lol: