1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Did Manning Throw the Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Retired Catholic, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Aug 3, 2006

Here's some red meat for the Birthers, the Truthers and all those who avoid street lights so they aren't spotted by the black Helicopters. I blame it all on Ed Hoculi.

I sought the views of the Colt Nation, and this was interesting: Spanning from Monument Circle to Conseco Fieldhouse to Circle Center Mall to the area near the little race track that features 500 miles each May, a slew of folks alluded to the "c" word, but not for choke. They viewed The Interception as their version of a second gunman on the grassy knoll -- as in conspiracy.

Among the conspiracists, some said Manning threw The Interception on purpose to defensive back Tracy Porter who sprinted 74 yards for a touchdown to seal the Saints' 31-17 victory. Most said he threw it subconsciously.

Whatever the case, both sides said Manning had the Saints' welfare more than that of the Colts dancing around his mind at the moment.

Consider the evidence for the conspiracists: Manning was born and raised in New Orleans. And his father, Archie, is legendary around the Gulf Coast region. And the Mannings (which includes New York Giants quarterback Eli) knew as well as anybody before the game how much a world championship in New Orleans would brighten the souls of those still recovering from Hurricane Katrina. And Wayne, who possibly ran a shoddy route against Porter, also is from New Orleans.

I'm not buying the conspiracy thing, by the way. All I know is that truly great quarterbacks aren't intercepted in these situations. That's a choke. I'll leave the other "c" word to many in the Colt Nation.

For instance ...

"I honestly think Peyton Manning gave them the game. He gave them the game," said John Fraction, 40, an Indianapolis native, swinging his fists at nothing but air after he took a break from serving tables at a downtown sports bar. He spent the Super Bowl rubbing his lucky horseshoes that he swears helped the Colts win their first and only world championship for Indianapolis in 2007.

This time, when the horseshoes became just a bunch of rusty iron in Fraction's world after the Colts botched a 10-0 lead, he recalled how he wiped tears from his cheeks, and then said softly to himself, "There it is."

Added Fraction, "I'm speaking for myself. You know? There's that dilemma that this guy faced, because Peyton Manning is an outstanding quarterback. It just seemed like a battle between pride and greed. Peyton Manning wanted to win a second Super Bowl ring in front of everybody and keep it for himself. That was greed, but pride took over. And you also had the completion thing in play.
  2. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Meh. People are idiots
  3. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Aug 24, 2005
    Reachin' for straws.
  4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Daddy made him do it. :icon_twisted:
  5. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Does this look like a guy who would throw the SB?

Oct 4, 2009

It all makes since now. Its a conspiracy. The same people that are behind this are also responsible for Kaeding throwing our game by missing three kicks. Damn Mafia:icon_shrug: