1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Did Sproles get injured?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by nflhof, Oct 13, 2008.

1. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    I noticed he was out of the game towards the end and couldn't find him on the sidelines. Does anyone know if he got hurt? I sure hope not!

• Like Like x 1
  2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I remember something being said at one point. But, being in the EST and drunk by game time, it could have been anything!!

:lol:

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    He was out with an ankle injury but I heard on the radio when I was leaving that it wasn't a big deal

4. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    Losing Darren for a protracted amount of time would be a killer right now. Hester..jesus.

5. ChargerPessimist

ChargerPessimist Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25
    im assuming we would like to get our backups in

6. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Hester has been one big TURD this season.:tdown:

7. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    You're basing that on one carry? Did you expect him to get the ball more? I don't get it. He is merely a backup to D. Sproles who is the back up to LT. He is also a back up to Tolbert. He gets in the mix on ST's.

It's not his fault he is behind to great backs and a UDFA that stepped up HUGE. Hester day will come, but IMO it's not TOday....

8. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    He has been pretty solid on ST. But fumbling your one carry of the game, ouch, not a way to get yourself more playing time/confidence. Here's hoping he redeems himself soon.

9. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    If you have to get the dropsys out of your system, last night was good time to do it. Hester is a rookie, cut the guy some slack. He's playing behind guys who have dominated games time and time again.

10. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    No, I'm basing that when he gets to play. He was expected to get more playing time at this point, but hasn't. He hasn't looked all that great, that's all I'm saying.:icon_shrug:

Same with BUSTer IMO.

The fumble didn't help him BTW.

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Idk if he's a turd because since pre-season ended we haven't had a chance to actually see what he could do. One carry that was a fumble is not a turd in hte making. Seriously give him the damn ball a bit more lets honestly see what he does. If anything the Chargers should've given him the ball again see what he does

12. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    I feel compelled to defend my adopted boy. You are saying Hester is a turd based on what? He has exactly 2 carries this year to date.

He is playing behind one the greatest backs of all time(LT), a super sub change of pace back(Sproels), and another rookie who has stepped up big time(Tolbert) who is more of a traditional fullback. How many carries does that leave him?

He has played well on special teams. About the only highlight from the Miami game was Hester causing and recovering a fumble on a miami kickoff return.

He probably won't get much work as a running back this year unless someone gets hurt. That doesn't mean he is not highly regarded or valuable. How many catches did Vincent Jackson have in his rookie year? Good thing we didn't judge him on one year and discard him. Did you watch the game Sunday night?

I'll use a baseball analogy. Would you judge a guys career on 2 at bats?:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  13. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Well done Pops!!!

Rep on it's way!!!

:icon_toast::icon_toast:

14. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I read that they expect him to play, as well as Tucker and Chambers.

15. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    I don't see it with him. He's not a fullback, not a tailback, not a versital back like sproles. I just don't see it, same with "BUSTer". I would have chosen 2 other players. I don't like either.:icon_shrug: