1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Did the Chargers WIN the game or did the Bears give it to us?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Trumpet_Man, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I have been reading at the Bears boards and they seem to believe they gave us the game instead of the Chargers beating their team.

The Bears held us scoreless the first half and shut down LT (if you can call one rushing a one passing TD by LT getting shutdown)?

So which is it?

Did we beat the Bears or did the Bears gift us this game?

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    They gave the game to us?

I seem to recall us FORCING 3 of those 4 turnovers. And one of ours was a gift to them from the blind zebras. Probably the same blind zebras flew to Cincy to ref the Ravens-Bengals game last night.

Unless they want to say that the ball magically found it's way into McCree's hands, or that Benson and Peterson just magically fumbled without being hit and stripped, then how was the game GIVEN to us?

The Chargers FORCED 3 of those turnovers and TOOK the game. The ST turnover can be debated as a lucky occurrence.

It was still players making plays.

3. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I swear I've never seen a bigger bunch of crybaby fans as Bears fans.

We physically wore them down and then the The Burner came in and finished them off.

I loved this game and Norv didn't give the Boston Cheaters much to look at on offense.

Fuc 'em let them cry. :icon_cry: :guns: :bolt:

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    We won a game

Most teams win games because the other team gives something away a'la turnovers but that is still considered to be a proper win.

5. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    That "horrid" running set up LT's TD pass.

That "horrid" running helped wear down the Bears so that LT could bounce it in for a 7 yard TD run in the 4th quarter.

6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    LT's accountable for all 14 points

HORRID I tell you!

(Yes, he was pretty bad in terms of rushing yards. But there's more to a game than just rushing yards.)

7. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    The final score was 14 - 3. We had one Field goal blocked, and they stole the ball from us, as the Chargers were headed in for what was to be the first touchdown. The closest they ever got to the end zone was 1 time, and they ended up kicking a 27 yard field goal. We had more missed opportunities then they had opportunities.

The game was won when they could not get a half yard on 4th down!

8. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Was LT horrid, was the OL and blocking horrid, because they couldn't block and overcome 9 guys zeroed in on LT?

9. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195

Top this is the right view ! We'll see how the play in the NFC

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    We beat that ***. Period.

F'n crybabies.

11. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    leisure is never happy.

12. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    When they game planned to stop LT, and they have the pseersonel to do so, then yes it is possible. What did LT do against the Eagles, Pittsburgh is another Team that stops LT.

13. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Would you have preferred he be like Steven Jackson and fumble the ball twice?

The Bears stated for several weeks that their entire mission was to prevent LT from getting 61 yards rushing, even if they had to use all 11 guys and crowd them at the LOS.

Norv made them pay with all those passes to Gates and LT's TD pass.

LT understood the gameplan, and said as such in his post-game press conference.

14. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    word

15. HeatMiser

HeatMiser BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Even if the Bears did "give away" the game (which I feel they did not - the Chargers gave the Bears a few gifts, too), how ironic is it that a Bears fan would whine about it? Take a look at their last few seasons -- how many games did they win on lucky bounces, timely turnovers, special teams gaffes, etc? A bundle, Bears fans. A bundle.

Reap what you sow.

16. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Jackson was good for exactly 1 FFL point-57 yards rushing, 2 fumbles lost.

17. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    We gave them 3 points on an ill-advised pass from Philip. The refs gave them a gift by not calling off sides on their goal line. We gave the Bears a gift by taking a knee and not scoring at the end of the game.

That was the only giving that I saw.

18. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Yup, 3 plays away from 28-0.

19. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    They won the first half... then they gave way to the team that had more in the tank.

Lucky breaks definitely played a part, but they always balance out in the end. For example: If Tommie Harris is called off-sides, the Chargers likely score a TD. Perhaps that also would have meant a shift in the game's flow and maybe the punt fluke doesn't happen. I still think the score would have been the same or worse.

So if they want to say they gave it to us, fine. I'm seriously ok with that. They were definitely in the giving mood. Rex, Cedric, and Adrian were all very generous that day. Fuc 'em.

20. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    To say we didn't beat them is freakin' ridiculous!!!!!

I'll credit their defense for keeping us scoreless in the first half, the interception and the fumble pick up but our defense didn't exactly suck either!!!

One interception, three fumble pickups, forcing one turnover on downs and holding the Bears to "3 Points" for the entire game sounds like a win to me!!!!!

Not to mention... when we were inside the 20 yard line with a minute left in the fourth quarter and time outs... If we needed that touchdown, we would have got it!!!!!

BEARS FANS... SHUT UP AND ACCEPT DEFEAT!!!!

21. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Of course the Bears gave the game to us. They love us, all the love comming from them and Urlicker before the game, of course they gave us this game.

They didnt want it and said 'your a bunch of swell guys so here take this, please!'

22. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    :lol: :icon_rofl:

23. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    We won the game...:bolt:

We should have won 21-3 :tup:

F the bears [​IMG]

24. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I guess they told LT not to run so hard though out the game. They'll let him throw one in and run one in before the end of the forth quarter!!!

25. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Must be. It is rare in the modern NFL to find such a loving, non selfish team as the Bears. Thank you Bears, I will never forget such generosity...