1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

DirecTV: Free Superfan Package

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by nickelbolt, Nov 18, 2006.

1. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    So I was browsing through my DirecTV account online and discovered their offer for NFL Sunday Ticket "Superfan" package. Red Zone coverage, game mix, etc....

If you have DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket you can call and add the Superfan package for FREE for the rest of the year. I believe it also includes the games in HD.

If you're like me and haven't yet ordered the HD receiver, they're offering a lease option for $99 (with $99 rebate)... again... making it
    FREE.
    With it you get the HD channels package for FREE for 4 months. After that it's $9.99/month.

At the end of the call with the nice DirecTV lady... she also gave me Showtime for FREE for 1 month.

Apparently, a hand job was out of the question... but I still think it was worth the call. :tup:

2. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I see the charger games for free.

3. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Me too, except for the $1,600 on Season Tix and the outrageous monthly cable bill. :lol:

4. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    I dont have Sunday Ticket

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    You can buy the remainder of the season for about $60 and they'll throw in the superfan package. :tup:

I'm in NoCal... so I HAVE TO HAVE IT.

6. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    I dont really need it but i would rather watch them here on days i have to go to Michaels pub....but i just think sunday ticket is too high. I dont really care about seeing other teams other than the Chargers so it doesnt interest me when they say you can watch 200+ games which they say to try and make it sound cheaper.

Bottom line is i only want to watch the Chargers and i get half their games or better here for free anyways. Ive had to go to the bar 4 times so far including preseason.

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Truth is I probably wouldn't buy it either if I lived in SoCal and could watch 'em for free. But I gotta tell ya'... on game day... when I rig the two tv setup... get the big ol' breakfast cooked up... roll out the bloody mary's... it's my own little slice of heaven.
    Nickel's Sports Bar, Grill & House of Testosterone!:icon_beerbang: :2guns: :football: :icon_high: :guns:

This Sunday morning lineup will be:
    Cincinnati at New Orleans
    Oakland at Kansas City
    or
    Atlanta at Baltimore

Afternoon:
    Detroit at Arizona
    or
    Seattle at San Francisco
    Indianapolis at Dallas

8. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Living in Virginia makes this a must for me too. Well worth the bucks I pay, IMO. :icon_banana: :bolt: :icon_banana:

9. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Now, if only they could have a quality of service guarantee, so that crappy reception could be refunded one day's worth of service cost.