1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Disgusted with San Dieog's politicians!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Oct 22, 2007.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Four years later after we suffered that horrible fire, what the Hell have they been doing?!!!!

Now we have one ten times worse and no containment!!!!
    This time it's so bad that they are brining horses to Fiesta Island!!!
    Obviously they felt that the one in 2003 was just a fluke and will never happen again!!
    There for, they did NOTHING and spent out taxes on something more suited for them!!!

I want them ALL jailed this time!! :icon_evil:

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    No matter what you do, it's pretty hard to prevent a couple of idiots who think starting a fire around dry, flammable, brush is a good idea.

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Is that what happened?
    I know that was the cause in 2003 but I haven't heard anything about the cause of this one.

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah, my father called me up and told me that at least one of the multiple fires in San Diego county was caused by a couple of stupid-assed high school kids who thought it might be fun to play with matches or some shiat like that.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    The city and county actually did its job - as soon as they heard about santa anas they flew in extra tankers and brought in firefighters from outside. The problem was that no one expected 7 fires to pop up in San Diego AT THE SAME TIME as one big one in Malibu, one in Irvine and a few smaller ones in Santa Barbara, San bernadino and riverside. Its impossible to handle that many fires all at once and all the air power they brought it is useless in the winds, which was unexpected to be this bad.

There are times to blame the county and city, this isn't one of them

6. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    I agree, Ant.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in 2003 weren't most of our firefighters were fighting fires outside the county and had to come back?

This time, we had other firefighters coming to help. Also, the winds were too strong to send up planes this time.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Whenever the Santa Ana's come the state is on alert to send firefighters from everywhere to where they need to go. If I remember yes in 03 (I was in college and don't remember it that well) there were fires in Riverside and San bernadino that the SD Fire s were fighting before the Cedar one started. Now it was just it hit everywhere al at once. All air power which is crucial in fighting big brush fires were grounded and there were so many coming up.

At least its down to five fires with two fully contained. The Witch and the Chula Vista/Cleveland Forrest fires though leave hte most people in danger and are not controlled.

8. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I pray that all those people can find a night's peaceful sleep in the midst of fearing for their homes.