1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Divisional playoff game sold out

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    The Chargers announced today that their AFC Divisional Playoff Game scheduled for Sunday, Jan. 17 is sold out.

“We’ve had a tremendous response from our season ticket holders as well as fans interested in becoming new season ticket holders,” said Jim Steeg, the Chargers’ executive vice president and chief operating officer. “Nearly all of our current season ticket holders bought their seats for the game. And we’ve also sold a lot of new season seats for 2010. Finally, we gave our season ticket holders the opportunity to purchase additional playoff tickets and they scooped up the remaining seats in less than 48 hours.

“This is a great indicator of the excitement surrounding the team and the upcoming playoffs.”

The team has held back a very limited number of playoff tickets that are available only to fans purchasing season tickets. And there is a very limited number of suite and other premium-seating opportunities available. Season tickets for the 2010 season may be purchased at the Chargers’ ticket office at Gate C at Qualcomm Stadium, calling 877-CHARGERS or going to www.CHARGERS.com.

The Chargers will play New England, Cincinnati or the New York Jets on Sunday, Jan. 17 at 1:40 pm PT.

2. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Finally!

There must be one hell of a half time show, or something.....:icon_tease:

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Selling out playoff games hasn't been a problem. It's not like Miami, where their playoff game was blacked out last season. :lol:

4. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Welcome bandwaggoners! Please don't trash the bus.

5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    I would agree to that if the general public actually had a chance to buy playoff tickets. They didn't this time.

First, those of us who are season ticket holders (myself included) bought them. Then, new season ticket buyers (for next year) had chance to buy them. Lastly, season ticket holders were given a chance to buy additional playoff tickets. This is where the sellout happened. The buying period started at 7pm on Monday. I tried buying some for friends of mine, but couldn't get two together in ANY section except for Club Level (which starts at $216 per seat). Around 7:40pm, all of Plaza was sold out.

My guess is loge & view were gone by this morning.

6. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

Here's a preview to the half time show... :lol: ​

7. Astro Zombie

Astro Zombie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    and there's even chance we bought season tickets to watch scabs play in 2010!

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    No there isn't. Scabs could play in 2011, but not in 2010.

9. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    The Replacements, but in real life?

That sounds kinda funny. I wonder if we get a Keanu look-alike to play QB for us. What was his name in the movie? Falco or something. That movie was hilarious.

P.S.
    I hope we don't see scabs playing. That would be one less year of seeing Rivers, Gates, and company in a Chargers uniform.

10. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    That would be an absolute nightmare!