1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Divisional Playoff Picks

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by tboltzcali, Jan 9, 2007.

1. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Great start for mostly everyone. It gets tougher this week.

(Alpha Order)

Bolts4Life 4-0
    Carrie1219 4-0
    Concudan 4-0
    Dublin 4-0
    Helmutt 4-0
    Johnny Lightning 4-0
    LV BoltFan 4-0
    Nomadic 4-0
    Postant 4-0
    Rmancil 4-0
    tboltz 4-0
    MadMike 3-1
    Kwak 3-1
    boltzzz 3-1
    in a days 3-1
    HollywoodLeo 2-2***(lol!)
    BoltFan Liech 2-2
    BoltsFanUK 1-3
    Van de Man 1-3

Saturday's Divisional Games
    Indianapolis Colts @ Baltimore Ravens
    Philadelphia Eagles @ New Orleans Saints

Sunday's Divisional Games
    Seattle Seahawks @ Chicago Bears
    New England Patriots @ San Diego Chargers

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    If I point out that I'm 2-2 with my picks for the wildcard round (And I can link a thread on another forum where I picked KC, Dallas, Philly, and New England) can I get in on this now?

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976

4. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Again, I like the Homefield Advantage in all games.

PHILADELPHIA @ NEW ORLEANS
    This game is tough to call. The Saints have a very good offense, when clicking. DB, RB will be ready for this one. The crowd will be a big factor indoors. The Eagles are on a roll. They have a good enough defense to stop DB and RB. But I believe the Saints will win this one because of the 12th man. But..I WOULD NOT count out the eagles in this one. Saints 30-21

Indianapolis @ Baltimore
    This one is going to be fun to watch. High powered offense v.s a stingy defense. Indy showed last week it can shut down a good back in LJ. This week they face a not so dangerous Jamal Lewis. Although he can still hurt you if you give him the chance and leave holes open, I dont see JL doing it this week. The colts have Manning, Harrison, Wayne, and that guy Addai on offense. They will have a big challenge against this defense that doesnt give up many points. The big question is, will Steve Mcnair show up?
    Ravens 20-17

Seattle @ Chicago
    The Seahawks will be tested in a big way. They will be without a couple of starters due to injury. The Bears defense is no joke. But then again, losing Tommie Harris has changed this defense a bit. Looks like they werent getting much pressure on the QB as much as they were with Harris in the lineup. We all know they can shut down Alexander, no problem. But the real question here is, can Rex Grossman lead this team? Bears 20-13

New England @ Chargers
    The Patriots look like a championship team. Not taking anything away from them. But watching them last week, their defense didnt look good. They might be without Rodney Harrison, but I can guarentee you he will do anything to play sunday. Tom Brady is, well, good. He makes that team look good. The chargers have alot of weapons but must use them to keep the pats defense off balance. L.T must have a big game. Rivers must not make silly mistakes. I dont see inexperience a factor. I see execution a must! The chargers defense has to keep Brady from sitting in the pocket surveying the field. If they disrupt his timing, the chargers will pressure him into mistakes. I like the chargers chances, but it will not be easy. Alot of people are already "crowning the Patriots" in this one, but Im not. Chargers 27-17

5. Helmutt

Helmutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
    Philadephia @ N'awlins
    Saints are going to try to air it out, figuring that Philly and Garcia can't keep pace. Brees will have a big day in a shootout. Saints 38-35.

Indy @ Balmer
    New Baltimore will beat Old Baltimore by coming up with a better game plan than the Squaws did. Jamal Lewis will expose the Colts run D because they'll give him the ball more than 13 times. Crows D will give Manning fits and return at least one TD to the house. Johnny Unitas will smile. Crows 21-13.

Seattle @ da Bears
    Seachickens got lucky last week when Romo dipped his fingers in butter before that field goal attempt. This isn't gonna happen in Chicago. Bear D will be strong enough to keep Alexander from having a big game and Hasselbeck on the run. Grossman will have a decent game. Ditka 27 Seahawks 7.

New England @ Chargers
    Merriman, Castillo and Phillips will keep Brady hurried most of the game. Patsies D will key on LT, forcing Rivers to beat them. Buoyed by the crowd, Gates, VJ and Parker, he will. Bolts 31-17.

All home teams again :icon_shrug:

6. Boltzzz

Boltzzz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    I'm gonna take a chance on a couple of these, just because I dont want to take all the favorites

Indy....Baltimore really doesnt scare me even though they have a great defense, Indy showed they can stop the run, not saying they will but I think their offense will be enough to take the Ravens, plus the weather is going to be great

San Diego.... This will be a very tough matchup, just because the Pats have the experience and Brady always shows up to play in the post season, we must keep pressure on Brady and I think we will. I think LT will have a big game and Rivers will be just fine Go Boltzzz :icon_toast:

Philly.....They are on a roll and I do think they will have enough to beat the Saints, even though I want the Saints to win, I think this could be an upset

Chicago.....I think this is a no brainer, although if Grossman has one of those 2.6 passer rating games it could get interesting, the Bears defense will be enough to get the job done

7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Well, I'll just put my picks out anyways. Accept them if you like.

Indy over Baltimore. I'm not as impressed with Baltimore as an overall team.

New Orleans over Philly

Chicago over Seattle, no offensive TDs in this entire game, but Chicago scores 24

San Diego over New England, naturally

8. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683

B-More scares Payton and he wets himself by the 3rd Q. Looking for the signature head shaking pouty face in the 4th.

Philly is on a roll and they keep it that way squeaking by NO.

The "Bad" Rex shows up.........

After watching The Patriots Homer Channel (NFL Live)* this afternoon, I am going to against the talking heads and going with the Bolts.

* The way they were talking, it was if Beli-man was putting on pads and stepping on the field. Unless I came in a bit late and missed it, the entire NE vs SD match up was ALL about how the Pats and the greatness that is Belichick and Brady can beat SD. Not 1 fuking thing about how SD would do. But of course they dropped the anabolic steroid suspension blast as the only tid-bit about SD.
    Wingo :trout: It was back in August that he popped a positive test. Give it a rest you fukers!:angry:

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    The Ponys come back to the city that they left one morning at 2:00 am, in a snow storm and Baltimore will kick in their teeth!!!
    This *** kicking is dedicaed to Johnny Unitas!!!

Philly is on a roll but the Dome is going to be insane!!!
    They just squeeked by the Gnats in their house!

Seahawks are NOT the same team they were last season!

This is going to be a great match up!!! Pats got all the playoff and Super Bowl experience you can ask for but the Chargers era is NOW!!!!

10. VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN

VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19

11. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334

12. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Baltimore Ravens but I hope the colts win

New Orleans Saints

Chicago Bears

Chargers :abq2:

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    hey t-boltz, I was involved last week too wasn't I?

Indy
    New Orleans
    Seattle
    San Diego

14. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I really hate to pick all the favs... I think it's a lot more fun to mix it up, but I can't go against the oddsmakers this weekend. Maybe I've been listening to too many radio shows.

BAL v IND... Baltimore is just too physical for the Colts. The Colts will struggle to establish any kind of a ground game. Peyton will toss a TD or two and I think this game will stay close. But the Colts will not be able to control the clock, and by the fourth quarter their defense will be too gassed to stop the Baltimore.

NO v PHI... If a game is going to upset I think this will be the one... that being said I don't think it's going to happen. Sean Payton has seen the Jim Johnson's defense enough times to keep Brees protected. With no Lito Sheppard I expect the Saints to have some success in the passing game. Some success in the passing game and Deuce and Reggie will be able to find running room... I think the Eagles are a very good team, but if Brees can get going this game could be pretty lopsided. Incidently, I'm rooting hard for a NO v SD superbowl!

CHI v SEA... Rex Grossman is a total POS, but they've been winning despite him all season long. No Tommy Harris and no Mike Brown means the Bears aren't 100%, but they still might be the best defense in football (which is pretty frightening when you think about it). S. Alexander has not been himself this year and the only way Seattle wins is if he goes off, or if or Rex-y throws three of four INTs which I, unfortuantly, can't count on. Additionally, Seattle is too dinged up in the secondary so even if Grossman stinks it up it might not even matter.

SD v NE... WE HAVE THEIR NUMBER. For whatever reason we've had great success against the Pats for the last few years. With regards to Indy the analysts love to say that we "match up well" against them. I think the same is true of the Patriots. They should not be able to handcuff LT (I'll never forget being @ the game a few years back when LT went off for 217 or so yards on the ground against 'em) and if we can esablish LT it should be game over. My only fear here is the short passing game. IMHO the Pats won their first super bowls with the short passing attack. That kinda changed when they got Dillon (naturally). But watching the Pats play the end of this season it really seems like they've gotten back to short passing game. And I've seen us get eaten up by it too many times. Most notably I can recall a few games with the Jets over the last few seasons when Pennington just chewed us up. Our secondary is definitively better this year than in recent years, so I really expect us to get it done on Sunday. But if we don't, that's how it's going down...

• Like Like x 1
  15. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    dont get me started on stupid NFL Live. Last night Darren Woodson called Rivers a rookie...what was funny was my boy Schlereth corrected him. Darren Woodson was all about why the Chargers wouldnt win...blah blah blah...and why Marty is not a playoff coach...blah blah blah...fukc off Woodson...

Im telling you that ESPN is horrible. I used to like Sean Salisbury until he went anti-charger on us in the past two weeks..With the exception of Meril Hoge, Schlereth, Mike Golic and Jaws...everyone can go to hell...

16. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867

17. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member