1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

DMZ

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Concudan, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Ok, I think we could use a place away from the drama and angst that is infecting certain threads of the forum, so here is it.

This is a fortress of Zen. All is peace here. If you want to chat, joke or post in good spirits you are welcome. If you are looking for a fight, please go elsewhere.

2. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Whatever is material shape, past, future, present, subjective or objective, gross or subtle, mean or excellent, whether it is far or near — all material shape should be seen by perfect intuitive wisdom as it really is: "This is not mine, this I am not, this is not my self." Whatever is feeling, whatever is perception, whatever are habitual tendencies, whatever is consciousness, past, future, present, subjective or objective, gross or subtle, mean or excellent, whether it is far or near — all should be seen by perfect intuitive wisdom as it really is: "This is not mine, this I am not, this is not my self." Zen Quotes by Buddha Gautama (born 563 B.C.)

3. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    'Caught you!' said Garda Muldoon. 'Poaching in the river is a serious offence me boy.

I must ask you to accompany me to the station.'

Halfway out of the wood Murphy the poacher pulled up in his tracks.

'Be-jaysus,' he said, 'haven't I left me jacket by the water's edge. I'll have to go back and get it!'

'No way,' said Muldoon. 'If I let you go back you'll run off. I've got a better idea. You wait here and I'll go back for the coat!'

4. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Not quite Zen... but certainly spiritually enlightening...

"To those human beings who are of any concern to me I wish suffering, desolation, sickness, ill-treatment, indignities - I wish that they should not remain unfamiliar with profound self-contempt, the torture of self-mistrust, the wretchedness of the vanquished: I have no pity for them, because I wish them the only thing that can prove today whether one is worth anything or not - that one endures."
    (The Will to Power, p 481)

"You want, if possible - and there is no more insane "if possible" - to abolish suffering. And we? It really seems that we would rather have it higher and worse than ever. Well-being as you understand it - that is no goal, that seems to us an end, a state that soon makes man ridiculous and contemptible - that makes his destruction desirable. The discipline of suffering, of great suffering - do you not know that only this discipline has created all enhancements of man so far?"
    (Beyond Good and Evil, p 225 )

"I do not point to the evil and pain of existence with the finger of reproach, but rather entertain the hope that life may one day become more evil and more full of suffering than it has ever been."
    Friedrich Nietzsche
    (1844-1900)

What if a demon were to creep after you one night, in your loneliest loneliness, and say, 'This life which you live must be lived by you once again and innumerable times more; and every pain and joy and thought and sigh must come again to you, all in the same sequence. The eternal hourglass will again and again be turned and you with it, dust of the dust!' Would you throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse that demon? Or would you answer, 'Never have I heard anything more divine'?

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Externally keep yourself away from all relationships, and internally have no pantings in your heart; when your mind is like unto a straight-standing wall, you may enter into the Path. Zen Quotes by Bodhidharma (470-543)

6. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
  7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    If I am holding a cup of water and I ask you, "is the cup empty?" you will say "No, it is full of water." But if i pour out the water and I ask you again, you may say, "yes, it is empty." but, empty of what?....My cup is empty of water, but it is not empty of air. To be empty is to be empty of something..... When Avalokita [Kuan-Yin, or Kannon, the bodhisattva who embodies Compassion] says [in the Heart Sutra] that the five skandas are equally empty, to help him be precise, we must ask "Mr. Avolikta, empty of what?" The five Skandas, which may be translated into english as the five heaps, or five aggregates, are the five elements of that comprise the human being.....In fact, these are really five rivers flowing together in us: the river of form, which means our body, the river of mental formations, the river of feelings, the river of perceptions and the river of consciousness. They are always flowing within us... Arvalokit looked deeply into the five skhandas... and discovered none of them can be by itself alone....Form is empty of a separate self, but it is full of everything else in the cosmos. The same is true with feelings, perceptions, mental formations, and consciousness. Thich Nat Hanh The Heart of Understanding

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    If I were a tree among trees, a cat among animals, this life would have a meaning, or rather this problem would not arise, for I should belong to this world. I should be this world to which I am now opposed by my whole consciousness and my whole insistence upon familiarity. This ridiculous reason is what sets me in opposition to all creation. I cannot cross it out with a stroke of a pen....Zen Quote by Albert Camus.

9. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllrighty then.
    alLlLlLlLlLlLlLlLlLlLlLlLrightyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy theeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

10. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    [​IMG]

11. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I see I need to salt the perimeters of this thread! :glare:

:lol:

12. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    ummmmmmneeuneeunee padeway

13. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
  14. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    “Without feelings of respect, what is there to distinguish men from beasts?”

“The superior man acts before he speaks, and afterwards speaks according to his action.”

Both quotes by Confucius

15. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851

Every time I meditate on that, it only lasts two minutes.

:icon_rofl:

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Now THAT is ZEN!!!!:tup:

But I think Bolthead Cheer might get mad for posting rights infringements...

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yeah....:drool:

18. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    ....clouds....There is no fighting here....clouds....or anger....clouds....

19. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I will say this. She has a very stunning set of eyes. Almost grey...

20. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    ....clouds....I had been saving this av for a week now....clouds....It was time to unleash it upon the unsuspecting masses...clouds....

21. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I am at peace now [​IMG]

22. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    When I look at her, I'm at anything BUT peace!! :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  23. chiefsgal

chiefsgal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +443
    :yes:

Attached Files:

24. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Heatin' up again!! :drool::gaga:

25. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    Shady business do not make for sunny life.

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Expert is merely man who make quick decision and is sometimes right.

Dog cannot chase three rabbits at same time.

A man without curiosity is like a glass eye at keyhole.

All from Charlie Chan

26. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    Mind deep like well
    Bucket hit, go splash

27. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    "It is my firm belief that it is a bad idea to have firm beliefs"