1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Do Chargers have a defense?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by JohnnyX, Nov 28, 2010.

1. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Do the chargers have defense or what? Man that was the dominating game I've seen so far this season. Do you think this Defense can be.....dare I say it...Championship caliber?

2. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Rivera does have experience with coordinating a championship caliber defense... so yes, if we play like we did today every week then we will win out the rest of the season easily and make a deep playoff push

3. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13
    We simply matchup perfectly against the Colts, and Manning had poor protection and no receivers, at least our OL stood tall - for once - for Rivers, and our run game showed up just enough. And the defense played lights out for 4 quarters (yea, that's a Merriman dig).

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    what kind of a question is that?

We just wiped Petyon's little butt into a frenzy, he has never lost by that many points at home in his whole career. His post game interview was classic as he continued to have a deer in headlight look.

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    This defense is not championship caliber. Not yet. The Colts were decimated with injuries. I do not see this defense hanging in a fire fight with the Steelers for instance. We need more run stopping power up front and then oh baby. Bring it on.

6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    The same steelers defense that got whooped by Tom brady? Pleassse. I'm not scared of the steelers. Injuries? But the chargers didn't have injuries of their own?

7. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    you didn't read his first post did you?

8. gsxr

gsxr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    This 'D' Has been rated #1 all year and still can't get the respect. I know stats can scue truth but the truth is they are doing a good job with adjustments and game planning. They are looking better all the time and we were just rushing manning with 4. Garay's a MONSTER!

9. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    just watching Manning in the post game interview summed it all up perfectly

10. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    What did Pay-A-Ton have to say? Just curious.

Pointy

11. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    all during the interview he had a deer in the headlights look. He did not say how good the Chargers played, only how badly the Colts played.

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I think it took a huge step forward into respectability and has shown some impressive ability over the past few weeks. Let's not forget this defense held Chris Johnson down and also sacked and harassed Tom Brady all game long. I do wonder how we will match up against the teams that have beaten us in years past like the Steelers/Jets but I think the toughness and the focus of this defense is better then in years. Not to mention very good run stopping and pass rush. But I am wondering a little about the back end, Jammer/Cason/Weddle haven't looked great over the past few weeks.

13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    No they dont. Havent you heard, if Indy didnt ahe all thos injuries we wouldnt have stood a chance...

/sarcasm

14. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    We're #1 in pass defense. We are also #1 in sacks, without the best pass rushers, which should be attributed to the pass coverage. The D had 4 picks of Manning yesterday. How can you say they have not looked good the past few weeks? Against Denver, one of the top passing attacks in the league, they had one bad series (to start the game) and then basically shut down the Donks for the rest of the game. They did the same to Peyton. And look at what they did to Brady earlier this season. The Pats offense had 30 yards of offense in the first half. The defense has shown what they are capable of.

15. tunaman

tunaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Can you see my shocked face? PAYton not giving credit! I'm shocked I tell you, shocked!

• Like Like x 1
  16. ColdBlooded

ColdBlooded BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    Dante Hughes was ballin yesterday, I hope we keep him at nickel. this has to be the best tackling secondary we have had in a long time.

17. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I think I know why daddy didnt want Eli as a Charger, Eli would always be all over big bro after everytime we kick thier butt!!!

18. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Those highlights of him flinching before guys even got there was damn funny.

19. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Who was the defender that drove or threw the Coltz O-lineman into Manning for a sack? The look on that lineman's face was priceless, even on the replay! I was laughing out loud on that one. People bowling, gotta love it!

20. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Coincidence that Cromartie is gone and it improves?

21. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    That was Garay. He's a savage.

22. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Thanks BigMike! That play made my day!

Pointy

23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I re-played that one play 3 times on gameday. Garay totally abused that lineman. The O-linemans arms and legs were flailing and I just busted up laughing. That was sweet.

24. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    When the Bolt's are parading around with the Lombardi, then I guess they will have earned the championship caliber tag.

25. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    THAT will be a grand day indeed. Just win ONE Lombardi before I leave this earth.....(praying)