1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Do they give a sh!t?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Osmekaman, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    Forget the poor play - the miised blocks, the dropped passes, the blown coverages.

The thing that pisses me off the most is the feeling that some of em just don't care.

Some examples.

Weddle - supposedly "red eyed in the locker room after the game".... well sheeeeit, it must have been through laughter as he and Dungey were creasing each other up at the final whistle.

The missed extra point vs KC. Hell they could have kicked that thing 3 times as no-one was bothering to try and block the thing. Cro looked as though he literally didn't know what to do!!

LT - stop bumping yer gums about establishing the run. You aint going to hawaii this year - get over it. We pass the pigskin, we score. It's as simple as that.

I am sure you all have your own examples of pissed-offness. So, let's hear them.

2. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +503
    Totally agree with the non-effort in blocking kicks or punts. When was the last time a SD team blocked a FG?. I might be wrong but I think we are talking Reuben Davis days!!. They don't bother at all. The oppositions FGs are automatic inside the 50 unless the kicker is some stick.

I think I saw VJ in there sunday night trying to block that last FG!!.

As for being disappointed about things are going, your're right not all of the guys care as much as they should. There seems to be plenty of good humour going round. Sign of zero leadership/locker room presence if u ask me. We need some gang leader in there to shake some guys up!.

3. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Probably when the boys in my avatar were playing.....:icon_eek:

4. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127

So true.

5. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    ...just makes me not give a sh!t either...

6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I've been calling out the players most of this season. Not all of them but heck, there are about five or six that only seem to care about payday. :icon_sad:

7. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    no, they're all signed up for multi year deals. no motivation to play well...oh other than a title, but who really cares about those things?
    i used to think it was good to sign 'em up long term now i think there needs to be a mix of signed dudes, dudes in their last year of a contract, and youngsters look'in to finally get paid big.
    the whole 20 out of 22 starters (whatever the # is) signed up long term coupled with a coach who just assumes proffessionals will play at their best just because they are proffessionals, equals (as mushy mouth madden said) a lethargic, low energy team.
    they sure look good on paper though don' they...

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    no they don't
    from Norv (who thinks he can do anything he wants because he's AJ's boy) to any player, no one cares

9. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Could it be that San Diego is the problem? Is the area (not the fans...they're great) simply not a great pro football area?

The weather is terrific, and it never gets cold. It never snows, and it never gets icy. Hell, it rarely rains. There are great beaches, women, restaurants, clubs, bars, and tons of stuff to do, and living in the area is the desire of many people in the world.

Could it be those kinds of surroundings cause football players to be a little softer than those from the cold country?

10. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    Interesting slant.
    Unfortunately I am sitting in Freezin' cold Scotland with the rain pissing down outside.
    Thanks for cheering me up!!
    :tup:

11. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    In a word: YES.

Throw that in with what Harley said and you've got the recipe for mediocrity.

I no longer believe they "don't care". I think it's got everything to with not being able to focus on business.

12. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

THAT STUPID FUGGING DRAW PLAY WHERE LT IS 8 YARDS DEEP IN THE BACKFIELD, GETS THE HANDOFF AND RUNS RIGHT UP THE BUTT OF SOME LINEMEN

:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    BOTTOM LINE... They don't respect Norv!!!
    If the coach doesn't have the players respect, then yo don't stand a chance in Hell.

Remember how our offensive line at the time was putting in hardly a half assed effort to protect Ryan Leaf?
    Remember when that Raiders linebacker head butted him under the chin about 10 seconds after he threw the ball. NOBODY on the team even walked over to ask if he was OK or help him up. Not to mention, if it was anybody else the entire Chargers side line would have ran to the field to kick that linebacker's ***.
    BOTTOM LINE... They wanted Leaf gone!!!

The players we have today want Norv out of here just as bad!!!
    I'd be willing to bet that they're not too fond of AJ either!!!

14. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Then that's a tough one. The Spanos family needs to resolve the dilemma...real soon.