1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Do we need a more athletic TE

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Sep 12, 2008.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Been drinking and thinking about our TE situation. Since gates has the "toe jam", I think that we need a more athletic back up TE. I like Manamaluunaauanau but I think we need someone more Gates-Like" when he goes down. That way we don't need to change the game plan when he is out. Random thoughts? :icon_toast:

2. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    The problem is, it's difficult to impossible to find another genetic aberration the likes of Antonio Gates! :tup:

3. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    You mean a guy like Dante Rosario? :no:

[​IMG]

4. pure-sol

Ratings:
    +255
    Give Gates some credit, one good catch doesn't make someone his equivalent!

I think it was a lucky catch anyways. Wilhelm said he tipped it, and then it went right into Rosario Dawson's (haha) hands.

5. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    We need to get Nanee more involved at TE. He definitely can pose mismatch problems with opposing LB's.

6. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    LOL!!! Touche.

7. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Yeah... like being run over in pass blocking situations.

8. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Nobody said I didn't give Gates credit. He's one of my favorite Chargers. Give Rosario and Delhomme credit. That was a hell of a play. Lucky but you have to admit, we have some of that luck on our sides as well over the years. Not trying to debate you man, I do see what you're saying though. It's all good. :flwers:

9. pure-sol

Ratings:
    +255
    I was just playing man, I know what you meant. Delhomme is good, and Rosario is looking like he'll be pretty good too, but he didn't really play last year so I can't say whether he's good or not.

Yeah, we're lucky sometimes but I prefer to see it as Divine Right rather than luck! :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Naanee weighs 226 lbs. He isnt going to play TE.

11. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    No prob man. I think our TE's are fine. I think one more wouldn't hurt. I wonder if that's why AJ got that one dude (Wilson) the TE cut from KC? Not sure if Chandler is going to pan out. Jury is still out on him and he's hurt. Chargers.com doesn't even have his photo! LINK I think Naanee is considered the 4th TE, although he's a little small to play the position. Has the skills and hands for a big WR. I think we'll be o.k. AJ will find one in the draft or off the UDFA list next season. :yes:

12. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I'm thinking Naanee will mostly be working out of the slot. Someone his size and ability running the patterns Parker did is intriguing.