1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Do/will you support Merriman?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by tboltzcali, Oct 23, 2006.

1. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    After getting caught juicing it up, will you support Merriman?

I can tell you, if he is straight up with this whole thing and he doesnt run it like Barry Bonds, I think I can support Merriman. After a day thinking about this, my conclusion is this.....Yes he knew what he was doing. He knew he could get caught and ruin his future/image/support, but the kid is 22 years old. Hes a monster. Hes a superstar. He feeds off of his talent and abilities to succeed in the NFL. I think this helped him shoot the juice to keep his play up. Not making any excuses for the man, he is a professional, but I think he just wanted to be the man and loved all the hype and part of the hype that helped him was the juice.
    I can almost guarentee you that he isnt the ONLY one shooting it up. I can say there are atleast more then a handful in the NFL that uses steroids.

2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I will neither crucify nor exonerate him. I have lost a certian degree of respect for the man... But I will certianly still wish him the best and hope for nothing but success. I think Shawne has done a major disservice to himself with all the attention that he's managed to bring upon himself. Were he a little less vocal and emotional something like this might not garner so much national media attention, but with success comes attention (and I doubt he would be successful any other way).

The guy is human and I can forgive him for making a bad decision. But the whole situation really scares me when considered in the context of the other BS that has gone down this season. From shipping drugs illegally to driving drunk and getting shot to this it feels like we're a felony and a couple more misdemenors from being the Bangels. My confidence in AJs ability to scout "character" guys is waning quickly.

• Like Like x 2
  3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    If he admits to it and promises to never do it again, I'll support him like I did Castillo.

If he vehemently denies and tries to obfuscate, I won't have respect for him as a person. As a player, that's tough. It depends on how good he is without the 'roids. Can he be the fierce aggressor without them?

• Like Like x 1
  4. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    It's like having your girlfriend cheat on you... You may get back together, but it's never going to be the same.

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    YUP>>> He will simply become OLB#56 to me if he pulls any shenanigans.

6. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    -----

• Like Like x 1
  7. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Exactly. :tup:

He'll need to maintain the same level of performance while passing regular (at least monthly) tests to make sure that it's all him before the whispers and frowns will wither away.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    i'll boo him bad at first then let it past

9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    But you do grudge fvck her friend first, right?:icon_shrug:

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    shawnees a great guy. Helps folks in need.

Supposedly he's going to appeal this accusation by the nfl.

What makes me wonder about this is shawnee doesn't even need steriods. He was born bigger and faster and stronger. So I'll be suprised if he intentionally took something illegal.

11. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +108

even the nicest guys can do stupid things. Not the scouting of AJ. Just the decision by Merriman.

12. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    I've never followed athletes like "role models" that's what parents (and teachers :icon_mrgreen: ) are for
    I know I root for a lot of a-holes (we don't really know the players) as long as their a-holesness is not blatant (Bonds, Kobe, Manning, et.) I will continue to cheer for them if the play well
    They only care about us as fans (those who pay their salaries) I only care about them as players
    I rather cheer for a good guy instead of a jerk but if I follow sports I have to take the jerks with the good guys if the produce for my team

13. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Great post! Rep for you!

• Like Like x 1
  14. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +108
    I want to hear him out before i throw the towel in. Im sure he has something good to say.

15. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    ur weak

16. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I will support Shawne just as strongly as always, if he avoids any more postive tests and keeps producing on the field.

Simple as that.

17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Sorry but I have to disagree with this comparison.
    Merriman is not involved in my personal life!!!!:lol:

18. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

Dude WTF? I've seen you attack a couple different people now over what I assume is a different opinion than yours. People are pissed and rightfully so. Chill the f*ck out man.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Right now, I'm pissed off at Merriman but I do believe he'll serve his punishment and come back stornger!!!

In the mean time... LET'S WIN SOME GAMES WITHOUT HIM!!!:bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

20. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    When i watch a miss america or miss universe constest I think the same thing.

• Like Like x 2
  21. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    :icon_eek: :icon_mrgreen: :lol: :icon_rofl:

22. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Fans and Americans in general forget quickly. I don't even hear anything about Ray Lewis' run in with the law anymore from anyone. It will be forgotten if he is able to put it behind him and play the way he's been playing. Now if he stops shooting up and then he falls off the face of the NFL then he'll leave a Leafesque legacy.

When the guy comes back and I see him make plays I'll cheer for the team just the way I've cheered before.

23. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    still support him, pissed he's hurting us for a month.

24. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    at least someone gets it, if people really think that 80% of nfl players dont use something then they are blind

25. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I kinda agree...Dude starts bailin at the first signa trouble.:icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

26. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +108
    Your right Chispa, athletes of any sort will always look to keep there body and skills to the max. If they need to use, they will use. It just so happens Merriman got caught. Sadly, steroids are part of this game, always have always will. But its a game within itself. Its not like this guy committed the worst crime.