1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Do you fear the Packers?

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by flash, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flash

flash BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    What is the general conscenceous/feeling that you get from the Charger players in regards to playing the Packers? Any bulletin board fodder being spoken in the media? Are you as fans worried at all about taking on the 2-0 Packers at Lambeau field?:unsure:

2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    :lol: No, we are not worried about the Packers. That's a good one though flash. You made me laugh today.

3. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Do I fear ANYBODY? Oh helllllllllz no.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    The players are ready to go!!!
    It's the coach I have some concern about!!

5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,407
    Having watched both Packer games this season, they could easily 1-1 just like the Chargers. They beat Philly beacause the Eagles couldn't field a punt. They beat the Giants because...well...they suck.

Fear? If fear were a factor, none of the players would be in the NFL. Do the Chargers know this is a MUST WIN game? YES.

6. flash

flash BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Fear may not be the right word. Respect.....that is the word I should have used. Lets look at the facts......

The Chargers are traveling across country....it does have some negative effect

The Chargers got spanked on national T.V. by the Patriots last week.....will they have their heads on straight or will they still be harboring the humiluating loss.

The Chargers have Norv Turner as their head coach. Norv has sucked where ever he has been........is this team having problems adjusting to a new system?

LT is off to a terrible start. 25yards in the first game and just over 40 yards in the second. Granted they faced the Bears and Patriots, but c'mon!:tdown:

If the Packers can stop LT, who is going to beat them?Look for the Packers to go one on one with the Chargers wideouts.This will help in stopping LT and the running game. They have two of the leagues BEST corners in Al Harris and Charles Woodson. Last week they kept Tummer, Shockey and Buress in check. Antonio Gates WILL get his catches, but who else do they have? Parker is hurt. Green Bays front line has been outstanding so far this year. I saw the Pats game and I think the Packers defense matches up VERY WELL with the Chargers offense.

The Packers offense has struggled in the running game. Brett has been playing well thus far. Look for the Packers to try and dink and dunk the ball down the field. Merriman should get a **** load of tackles. The main thing for Green Bay is that it doesn't turnover the ball.

Don't get me wrong, I think its going to be a very close, hard fought game with turnovers being the key to whom ever wins.
    If the game was in San Diego I'd say the Chargers win.
    I like the Packers in this one.....Green Bay by two to 4 points:abq2:

7. worstever

worstever Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    I did not fear ant team in the NFL........until they announced that Norv turner was goint to be the coach...:tdown:

8. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    That's alright dude. The bandwagon was getting pretty crowded anyway. It was probably time for you to jump off.

9. worstever

worstever Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh theres no jumping off the band wagon. Just a lot of praying that the players can hold this team together until we can get a new coach next year. Really what a dump he took on Sunday. the worst part is I have always hated Norv, but I told my self AJ knows what he is doing, he hired Norv for a reason.......it angers me to see Norv doing to this team what he has done to every team he was head coach for..........ruined.

I never though I would wish for Marty ball back.

10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    It took Marty a while to get things rolling here. This was one game. No more, no less. There is no reason for a knee jerk reaction yet.

With a name like worstever, I imagine you'll only be here to whine about Norv. If you really are a Charger fan, why don't you re-register with a real handle and become a positive part of this fan community?

11. shayjay

shayjay BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1

The Bolts need to come out and make a statement. Sure the Packers are 2-0 but look who they have played. Eagles who are struggling with Mcnab not being 100% and the Giants who have no defense. Brett Favre is still one of the best QB's in the league but I think our D will step it up this week. The offense has had a very dismal start but its a matter of time before they turn that switch and I think after getting their butts handed to them Sunday night its going to happen.

12. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,407
    You obviously didn't read what I wrote. The Packers won their first game despite a lousy effort. Philly wasn't much better.

Yes, GB blew out the Giants. But keep in mind, the Giants have NO defense, and NO offense. So, GB played two of the WEAKER teams in the NFC, while the Chargers played two stronger teams in the NFL.

The AFC dominated the NFC last year & I expect the same to happen this year. Looking at ONE loss, albeit a bad one, and making a prediction that the Chargers will lose to a weak NFC team shows me you know very little about the NFL.

13. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    :abq2: GO BOLTS!:abq2:
    :abq1: CHARGERS FTW!:abq1:

14. worstever

worstever Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    OKIE DOKIE

15. flash

flash BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    You obviously didn't read what I wrote. The Packers won their first game despite a lousy effort. Philly wasn't much better.

Yes, GB blew out the Giants. But keep in mind, the Giants have NO defense, and NO offense. So, GB played two of the WEAKER teams in the NFC, while the Chargers played two stronger teams in the NFL.

The AFC dominated the NFC last year & I expect the same to happen this year. Looking at ONE loss, albeit a bad one, and making a prediction that the Chargers will lose to a weak NFC team shows me you know very little about the NFL.

Yes, I did read what you wrote. They won their first game despite a lousy OFFENSIVE effort. The defense and special teams played VERY WELL. The play calling on offense was a big part of that dismal performance! If you dont disgiuse what you are going to do it makes the defense's job a whole hell of allot easier. (ex: Brett in shotgun with no running back for 90% of the plays)

There is no doubt that the AFC has the superior teams. I know very little about the NFL? LOL.:icon_rofl: I know that if the Packers stop LT, they have a VERY GOOD shot at winning the game. :icon_toast:

16. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    :icon_rofl: The Packers have no shot at winning this game. This is not arrogance, it's just fact. The Packers are no Patriots. Chargers would win ths game with LT on the bench.

17. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    Flash in the pan

18. flash

flash BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok Thumper we shall see what happens:mellow:
    If its a close game though you better send the Pack some love considering your attitude.:tdown:

I will show up either way win lose or draw.
    Hey you guys do a really nice job on this site. I like all the articles leading up to this weeks game. Very cool.

I was suprised when I viewed the power ranking link for week two that is posted on here. I cant believe that guy has the Packers listed at # 7 and the Chargers at #6! I thought the Pack would be more middle of the road:icon_huh: It is usually hard for them to get any respect nationally:flag:

19. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Let's hope so. Somthing has to turn on. If the Chargers have a poor showing agains the Packers, Turner won't be worth a plug nickle and neither will be the morale of the team, the fans, or the owners. Very important game for the Chargers....they need to really let themselves know they can hammer another team.

20. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    If the Pack have a strong showing, I throw Favre and company some love. I just don't think it's a good week for the Packers to play the Chargers. The Chargers have something to prove this week.

21. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    He said "consensus" not what's the word amongst the chicken littles and contrarians.

22. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    I agree with that. They looked like a good squad and should be respected but not feared.

23. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,407
    I'll give you this...they are decent when put up against other NFC teams (like Philly or NY). But against ANY team in the AFC? Not even close.

24. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    We're gonna kick their cheesehead asses .......

25. SCOTT

SCOTT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    The Chargers already have dominated one NFC team, and the Bears are better than the Packers.So the answer to your Question,: NO !!!

26. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Care to voice a second opinion?

If you dominated the Bears, and the Bears are better than the Packers, and the Packers beat the Chargers..what is the logical conclusion that can derived from your 'sort of' syllogism?

27. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    How is this not trolling?

28. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    This is the Smack Forum you dunce. What is it about some Charger fans and their self-righteous indignation? Win something for God's sake...then become self-righteous. In the meantime I hope you get some sort of satisfaction wallowing in your misery. You really are a piece of work.

It's football...it isn't the end of the world.

Again...this is the Smack Forum....or is that just pretend?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.