1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Do you feel better with...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MasterOfPuppets, Dec 31, 2007.

?

Do you feel better with Norv over Marty?

1. Norv

71.4%
  2. Marty

14.3%
  3. same

14.3%
  1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    Norv over Marty for the playoffs?

When the season started I said that if the Chargers made the playoffs I would feel better with Norv (or whoever) vs Marty coaching this team

I still feel the same way, do you?

Imagine the talk right now about the curse of Marty :no:

2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I went with Norv. Marty made some bad decisions in the last couple playoff games. While they didn't necessarily cost us the game, they sure didn't make it any easier. Blowing timeouts and going for it on 4th and 11 in field goal range are enough to cost your team a playoff game. I expect Norv to maintain his poise, and I think the Chargers won't be as uptight for this one as they would if they had to carry the burden of Marty's playoff record.

3. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    This is easy- Norv all the way. This team doesn't feel like it has the ultra tight bunghole they got whenever Marty got us into the playoffs. I appreciate what Marty did for the Chargers but I can't handle another Marty meltdown in January. :no:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Norv 100% positive. We now have some team leadership as well where before it was all Marty who got very strung up during the playoffs. This time we have player leaders and a coach that can be relaxed.

Cam Cameron is out as OC so I think that will help as well. Not running LT and not starting McCardell a veteran receiver who has won a SB? Very dumb of them.

5. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I didn't vote because it's a tricky question.

I feel better with Norv only because I don't know what to expect. Maybe his preparation will be different and the players will be loose this Sunday. We'll see. I am a bit confident that we played the Titans before and have some sort of an idea on how to beat them.

6. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I highly doubt that Norv will coach a perfect game.

Bolts lost last year becuase the stage was too bright for them and they didn't know how to handle it.

Let's hope they are mentaly tough enough to win this year. Becuase that's what it comes down to really.

7. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    I voted the same, because Norv has done no better yet... but I feel more confident with out team this year, everyone has matured, and Cromartie is huge in the secondary... :bolt:

8. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    You're right on about Cro. I can't wait to see what he does in the playoffs. Hopefully it's all good.

9. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942

The Titans are in for a beating. They started the bar fight last time, now it's payback time. The Chargers are going to come out and punch those bastards in the mouth. There's going to be some serious wimpering on that plane flight back to Deliveranceville.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Norv because .... well, mostly because I know what we got come playoff time w/Marty. He taught us how to win, but he also lost his poise & made very poor decisions in pressure situations. :icon_sad:

I think the players will be looser, calmer, more focused on the game w/Norv. They won't have that "Marty can't win in the playoffs" albatross to think about. And they've been here before. :tup:

We'll see if the change helps come Sunday. :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Fact: Marty went for it on 4th and 12, a decision that may have cost the Chargers three points. Losing margin? Three points.

Fact: Marty blew a timeout on a ridiculous challenge. That timeout would have given us an extra 30 seconds at the end to tie or win the game.

Norv doesn't have to coach perfectly. He just needs to avoid the monumental phuck ups that defined Marty's playoff career.

12. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I had to go with Norv, because he managed to salvage in good style a season that could have gone below the equator. We will have a definitive read if we slap the Titans around and come out of it reasonably healthy.