1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Do you get a sense of urgency from the FO?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LightEmUp, Oct 28, 2010.

?

Do you get a sense of urgency from the FO?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    Just wondering if some of you feel the same sense of "oh well" coming from the team about their 2-5 start?

This team was a couple pieces away from a Super Bowl in 2006. Today in 2010 we sit with a 2-5 record behind the Chiefs and Raiders.

You would think the FO would be scrambling to make things right. It's almost like this is the plan they set forth.

2. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    We needed WRs, Jackson developed + they traded for Chambers in 07. So you can't say they didn't improve on the team, but there's nothing you can do to replicate the season LT had that was the reason we were so good and it was a once in a career type of year. We were also 13-3 last season. A lot of top quality teams have down years (and it's not like this team has sucked, #1 in offensive and defensive yards).

3. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I'm leaning towards what Norv said. Those numbers can be miss leading. Our offense has so many yards because we are having to pass so much because we are always playing from behind and our defense has good numbers because most of the teams we've played have had big enough leads that they started to sit on the ball more to keep from making mistakes.

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,423
    I'd buy the "we only have so many yards because we're playing from behind" argument if this offense wasn't consistently great, (with or without a run game), over the past half decade.

5. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    Well thought out response. I could start to lean this way (bolded). My question is, do you feel this team is drafting the right people to bounce back? Do you think we still have a core in place to build upon?

6. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    With Philip Rivers, I believe we always have a chance, and something to build around.