1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Do you want to hear what the enemy is saying?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BeerGuy, Jan 14, 2008.

1. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Head to WEEI's website and you can listen to our biggest sports radio station online.

That will help you embrace the hate.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Dont care. I find that most of your born again bretheren are just trolling tools.

3. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    I'm listening right now and the broadcasters are actually giving you guys huge props. They are all over the refs trying to steal the game from you.

We're not all bad.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    linky ????

5. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Here's a link: http://weei.com/Homepage/498786

But, you have to register to listen, so I didn't bother.

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I wont either. Everything I want to hear will be said next Sunday.

7. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Thanks BeerGuy. It's going to be a blast talking about the game this week!!! Very exciting stuff...

8. P4E*

P4E* Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    Exactley.should be a good game.the pats are at home and have the best O in the league,brady doesn't lose play-off games at home,we no how to win in the big games,san diego simply dont.

Pats 34 Chargers 24

9. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Welcome. :icon_toast:

I'm just glad we get another crack at the Pats after week 2's embarrassment. No excuses this time around.

10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I seem to remember the last time you had a good home winning streak running we can and busted that streak in your house. It'll be a good game, but the outcome is in no way a certainty.

11. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    It's all good P4E. I know your team has proven to win big games and has rings. We all know that. But all streaks must end. NE may already know how to win the big games. Our boys are going to learn how to this Sunday at 3PM (Noon our time).

12. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    After yesterday, I think it will be a GREAT game.

I'm starting to ferment the Bloody Mary mix already.

13. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Sup Buck. Get some ready for all of us. I think it's going to be fun. You guys will be like 21 point favorites like Indy was, but this team doesn't care. NE has played just unbelievable football, so this is truly David vs. Goliath. Can't you guys just share those rings 1 year? :yes:

14. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I have a question for the Pats fans who have come to visit our board:

How are so many of your fans such arrogant *******s?

I don't mean to be a dick, but I'm putting that questions as accuratly and bluntly as possible. The number of NE fans posting on the Colts message boards and taunting the Colts is a joke! Not just taunting but insulting and being pure a-holes.

Of course, they are the type that will just disappear if the Pats lose and not deal with the 'come-up-ins'. And since they are the most vocal and memorable, I figure that 'most' Pats fans are like that when they may not be quite such a high percentage. Maybe just the vocal minority. Still a lot more jerks then I've seen support a team in a long time.

What gives? Just the nature of the beast from Boston having such a good stretch? Any insight to your kin's idiocy would be interesting.

15. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I thought upsetting the Colts in Indy was a big game...:icon_shrug: I guess having your team win three super bowls makes every Pats fan a wise genius somehow? What about all those Raiders fans? :icon_huh:

16. Grogan's neck roll

Grogan's neck roll Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll take a stab at this one. I think one factor is there are a**holes everywhere, and Pats fans certainly have their share. Secondly, some of the older fans were around when the Pats were abused by other teams in the NFL, and see the success as payback time. Not to mention the combo of Pats and Sox always coming up short, now the success has gone to some fans' heads like it's their own.

I may be a bit of a dick, but I appreciate what we have, understand that it can change quickly (hello Chicago) and know that we are witnessing one of the great teams, and great quarterbacks, in NFL history.

17. Heck67

Heck67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    I came here yesterday and said congrats to you guys for playing an incredible game and started getting sh*t right away look at your own people and what they are saying before you judge... i normally go to opposing teams messageboards the week before a game but I see here you don't want to talk football... you just want to have a big circle jerk

• Like Like x 1
  18. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128

Don't bother coming around if your man-gina is so easily bruised. Of course there are going to be people on opposing team's boards which don't want to 'chat' with the enemy. I'm talking about the way your fans talk amoungst themselves how the Pats are unbeatable, that the Colts/Bolts/anyone area joke, how they go to the Colts board and taunt them for losing (when they weren't even the team to beat them!), etc.

Let us know when your feelings aren't hurt anymore or when mom lets you on the internet again if you have any good answers.

19. Heck67

Heck67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    My feelings are far from hurt and I am one who is not "sure" we are going to win, but I do think yesterdays game took alot out of your team and they are banged up pretty good.... I like are chances

20. P4E*

P4E* Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    If the pats get beaten on sunday i will be the first to congratulate the chargers.

credit will be givin when credit is deserved..there will be no LdT type crying from this patriotfan if they lose on sunday.

21. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    I don't know why, honestly.

I try not to cause too much trouble. I came in this year to wish you guys luck against the Colts. At the time I had no ulterior motive for being here. I just thought a match up between the Pats and the Bolts would be more interesting than dealing with whiny boy Manning flapping his arms behind center, trying to take flight before every play.

Right off the bat I got the usual replies consisting of “blow this” and “lick that” or “f—k off.”

That’s when I decided to stir the pot a bit, which is foolish.

As for the Pats fans as a group, they aren’t bad people and they won’t make anyone feel uncomfortable at the stadium. With anything in life you’ll find a vocal minority, and in pro sports, that sub-group can be VERY annoying.

I have my head together again, though, so I’m done stirring the pot.

Obviously, I’ll fade away after the game because I have no business being here on a day to day basis. Honestly, I never go on the Pats forums, and that’s the God’s honest truth. I came here last year to check things out before the game and ended up acting like an idiot so I got banned. Funny thing, my ban was until 3/17/07, St. Patrick’s Day.

Anyway, like I’ve said before, we’re not all bad. I have nothing against you guys as a team or a fan base. Good luck. I hope we win. I hope both teams stay healthy, both before and after the game. If you guys beat us I hope you win the Super Bowl. I’ll always route for the AFC over the NFC.

22. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Who cares what some nasal voiced Yankees say.

Blow me.

23. goalline

goalline BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't lump all Patriot fans together. The ones that are the most obnoxious are the bandwagon fans, that will be the first to jump off if anything goes wrong. The old timers appreciate the team and respect the game as much as any core fans of an any NFL franchise. All teams have a-hole fans, when your team does well, you end up with more than your share. Some have an 'us against the world' attitude with all the childish 'asterisk' and 'cheater label' talk and lash out in a similarly childish way. There are plenty of reasonable and knowledgeable Patriots fans out there, just as there are good Colts fans as well. It would be nice if everyone would just talk football, strategy, and provide some analysis instead of the petty name calling that goes on this time of year. This is fun, only 4 teams have another game to play for.

24. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Like I said, see above.

25. Heck67

Heck67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Shamrock's playing hooky from middle school today.....

26. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Okay, uncalled for, let him say what he wants.

Thanks for chiming in but I can handle myself just fine.

I haven't been around long enough to see if he offers any substance in his posts, but, he must have to reach the 11K+ number.

He just doesn't like me, that's fine.

27. Heck67

Heck67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm not defending you dude.... i'm making fun of shamrock because he seems incapable of saying anything but blow me

28. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Shammy's posts are pure fluff. :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

29. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I'm on my 10th year of 4th grade .....

Blow me.

30. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    I ran into a gas station attendant named Willie down here in Biloxi, MS who is a Patriot fan. He said the Chargers played a hell of a game in defeating the Colts and that it looks to be a great game come Sunday. He wished good luck to the Chargers as I did the same to his Patriots, told him I'd try to swing by next Sunday.

I even had a Patriot fan buy me a shot a few weeks back when we beat the Titans the first time around.

So yeah, not all Patriot fans are bad. I think it's just band-wagoners, but that's a problem everywhere.

By the way, mad props to our boy Phillip Rivers, he don't take sh*t from nobody. :flag: