1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dodging A Bulet

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Feb 23, 2010.

?

Will LT Break Emmits Rushing TD Mark?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    80.6%
  3. STAL

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Well, yesterday was a very sad day. It is terrible to see LT leave the Chargers. Even though its nice that the Chargers have become a force to be reckoned with and its nice seeing them winning consistently it won't compare in my mind to those all too sweet but frustrating early years of LT's career. I remember watching him when our team was terrible, the shining star in a sea of Darkness. I remember those days when our O line was perhaps the worst in the league and despite this he rushed for 1600+yards in 2003 while being the only back ever to catch 100 passes. I remember when he didn't make the pro bowl that year. Everyone loves to talk about Adrian Peterson these days but Peterson at least has the benefit of one of the top 5 lines in football. LT had to contend with alot more in his early days and still tore thiings up year after year. I remember how underrated LT was before 2006. Everyone would talk all day about portis, about sean alexander, about priest holmes about any back but LT but yet he was one of the most explosive runners ever.

Anyway after all these great years I have to say I'm sure glad A.J. Smith traded the first pick away and drafted LT and Brees instead of Vick. Where would we be right now if we had to deal with Vick? I don't wanna think about it.

Here is to possibly the best decision in Draft history!!!

Also do you think LT will break Emitts touchdown marks? Rice's Touchdown Mark? Will he break emmit or walter paytons rushing marks?

2. SDDon

SDDon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    That was not AJ who made that move, it was John Butler. AJ took over after the draft in 2003 when John passed.

The best trade EVER this decade was shELIa Manning to the Giants after he already said he wouldn't sign here if we took him for Rivers and extra picks that turned into Merriman and Kaeding. WE got the better QB and two extra picks.

3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Welcome to the world of NORV4LIFE

You'll get used to him

:lol:

PS. Welcome to this board. You're post are well received.

:icon_toast::icon_toast:

4. SDDon

SDDon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks, we had a few of these types on the board I came from.

5. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    What is a bulet and how does it relate to this thread?

6. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    I say he will break the TD's mark if he continues to play, but not the rushing mark. The last 2 years have killed that chance...IMO.

7. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Winning > Records imo. Records are a luxury, a very nice one and we've been spoiled by the likes of LT but I'd rather a team breed football immortality through championships. Records can be broken but once you hoist that championship trophy, that banner, whatever, that's something nobody can EVER take away from you

8. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    MICHAWL VICK!