1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Does anybody on here really think B4L will be upset if Chargers don't win Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by 14fouts, Jan 10, 2010.

1. 14fouts

14fouts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Whenever I read his comments all I ever seem to get is a negative vibe-I think if chargers lost it would be more gratifying for him, so he could say "I told ya so".

2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Does anybody on here really think B4L will be upset if Chargers don't win Super B

I'm sure it's all the same to you... as long as Norv is back next season!!! :yes:

3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,924
    Does anybody on here really think B4L will be upset if Chargers don't win Super B

The guy is a diehard fan.

He wouldn't be so passionate if he didn't care.

4. 14fouts

14fouts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11

You make it seem like its so easy to win a super bowl. Just because you have a talented team doesnt mean your a failure if you dont win the super bowl. So you would rather have MartyBall? 5-13 career playoff record- including losing his last 5 and 8 out of 10. Norv has a 4-3 career playoff record in 12 yrs and if he makes the superbowl will already surpass Marty who coached 21 yrs in playoff wins.

5. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924

Careful. He'll accuse you of only caring about getting to the AFC Championship Game. :lol:

6. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205

Allan is obviosly a fan that has seen a lot, and is sick of what he's(a lot of us) has seen.

That's why a regular season win isn't enough for him. A playoff win isn't enough. Being prepared to win a lombardi is not something any one of us are use to(aside from our newly acquired beerguy and buck) so he's merely expelling his idea's to what he feels is necessary to win a championship.

For all we know he could be right in some ways, and wrong in many others. I will say this, the guy wants to win as bad as the rest of us, and he IS a Chargers fan. That alone should buy him a pass on many of his anticdotes.

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ALL REAL CHARGERS FANS LAUGHING AT YOU!!!![​IMG]

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Good to see that somebody gets it!!!! :yes:

THANKS BRICE!!! :bolt: :flag: :abq2: :abq1:

9. 14fouts

14fouts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11

I love how you know whos not a real charger fan. I know I am a real fan so thats all that matters and I'm not gonna ***** and moan that they should scrap the whole coaching staff if they dont win it all this year. Just because I'm not one of those fans whose not happy unless theyre *****ing doesnt make me not a real fan.

10. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,707

This post just made me throw up in my mouth a little. What kind of crack are you smoking Bolt??

• Like Like x 1
  11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924

Why? It's the truth.

He may have some of the most terrible logic I've ever seen somebody post on an internet message board but you cannot deny his passion.

And, while I did not agree with his now infamous "I want a 3-4 win season" campaign earlier this year I still understood what he was really getting at, and it wasn't "I want the Chargers to lose".

And, Allan, where's my "glad somebody gets it?" for post #3? :trout:

12. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703

:lol:

13. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,707

I don't care how much he loves the Chargers, he still wanted them to LOSE OUT after their 2-3 start. He doesn't post here because he loves the Chargers, he posts here because he loves to be a jackass and argue with other people, even those who agree with him. It's pathetic and he's an embarrassment to Charger fans everywhere.

14. 14fouts

14fouts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11

Ding Ding Ding Ding- We have a winner! :tup:

15. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924

Have you ever met the guy off the internet?

Disagree with his posts all you like (cuz Lord knows they're easy to disagree with :lol: ) but don't accuse him of not being a fan.

He didn't want the team to lose just because he likes watching the Chargers lose. He wanted a reason to ensure that what looked like an inept coaching staff at the time is fired and a better draft pick thereby improving our chances of winning in future years.

Keep in mind nobody expected 13-3 at the time of those postings and we had just gotten done being humiliated by the Steelers and Broncos, the latter looking like they were going to run away with the division.

That being said, I argued with him ad neusem about how that shouldn't matter and we should root for the Chargers to win regardless of how dim it looks, but that doesn't mean I didn't understand what he was getting at, which wasn't "I want the Chargers to lose!!! omgz"

16. 14fouts

14fouts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11

I guess your laughing alone then right, since your the ONLY REAL CHARGER FAN. We know you've already established that. :tdown:

17. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,776

I second this.

He may be a bit dramatic, but the dude loves the Chargers, that much is obvious.

18. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703

You guys say the funniest things... :yes:

19. 14fouts

14fouts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11

I'll never agree with that logic. Ive always rooted for chargers every game no matter what their record was. That hoping they lose to keep a better draft pick and better coach is a bunch of bullshit. REAL FANS stick by their team through thick and thin no matter what.

• Like Like x 1
  20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924

I'll never agree with his stance on the matter either.

But I don't have to agree with something to understand it.

21. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,707

I didn't accuse him of not being a fan, that's his game. I accused him of saying he wanted the team he supposedly loves sooooo much more than the rest of us to lose out. Regardless of the reasoning behind it, he still wanted it to happen. That's a fact.

What I did say was that he's an embarrassment and a jackass. I would be mortified if he were to speak on behalf of Charger fans in any capacity.

I have not met him, but have been told he's a nice guy offline. Which only makes his antics here more pathetic imo. Like I've said, over and over in diplomatic and not so diplomatic ways his opinions aren't the problem, his behavior is. If he or anyone wants people to give him a break or cut him any slack all he has to do is be a normal human being and not a total joke. :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  22. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842

And now for a long-time Bolttalk forum member editorial:

Here we are on the brink of a fantastic drive into the playoffs, with quite possibly the BEST Chargers team in awhile and there is in-fighting here.

I am so excited about the upcoming game I can barely sleep.

I am sad that some of my Charger fan friends are throwing each other under the bus instead of feeling, talking and sending out positive vibes to our team.

End editorial

thank u for listening

• Like Like x 1
  23. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +913

It's a win-win for him. If we win, he can tell everyone he is one of the true Charger fans who wanted a Super Bowl while the rest of us didn't care, and that the team did it not Norv. If we lose, he gets to rail on Norv and tell everyone he was right.

24. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +913

I guess incessant pissing, moaning, and whining is passion?

I know you guys all have a personal relationship because you tailgate together, so maybe to you he isn't as much of a tool as he comes off as to the rest of us.

But for someone who doesn't hang out with him, he just comes off as a droning whiner who drags down an otherwise great forum with his non-stop repetitive complaining.

I really think there is something more to his Norv hatred, it just seems so irrational otherwise.

25. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +913

:yes:

26. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408

The saddest part of all is the fact that someone felt the need to start this thread.

Lame

27. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018

hell hath no fury :icon_mrgreen:

28. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,248

DING DING DING! WE HAVE A WINNAH!

29. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924

I'm well aware of how he comes off as on the board.

Hell, half the time I'm the one arguing with him ad nauseam.

The only time I step up to his defense on these boards is when someone accuses him of not being a fan....such as what the original post in this thread is doing. Because, agree with his incessant complaints or not, he is most definitely a diehard bolthead. He wouldn't have as much disdain for what he views as an incompetent coach if he didn't care about the team. If he doesn't care about the Chargers why would he care about how good or bad their head coach or GM is?

It irks me to no end when he (B4L) accuses others of not caring about a Super Bowl....well, it's just as lame to accuse him of the same thing.

30. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820

:yes: