1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Does Boldin's Ravens' extension set the market for VJ?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Boltergeist, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Baltimore gave Bolding 4 years 28 mill. He is a little older, but also far more accomplished than VJ with something like 6 1000 yard seasons....I could see good value in locking up VJ for a little more than that per year on a 6 year or so deal.

Also, with all the recent talk about how the Seahawks may be forking over the #6 pick in the draft for Brandon Marshall....I'm thinking, i'd let VJ go in a heartbeat for the 6th pick as compensation as much as I like him. I think he's just as talented as Marshall..and even though he's had a few off the field issues....they pale in comparison to the complete turd that Brandon is.....I hope Carroll turns his attention to VJ. I think we can get by just fine at WR with Floyd, Naanee, Davis, etc. if it comes to it...and the 6 pick could turn into a huge upgrade somewhere for us.

2. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    VJ was the reason teams couldn't double Gates every single play

3. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    ...and vice versa....Plus, it's not like Gates didn't put up huge numbers when we had Keenan McCardell and co. as our receivers. I think VJ has been more of a beneficiary of Gates' presence than the other way around.

4. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    I think they both have. I wouldn't like to be the opposing D co-ordinator trying to limit them

5. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    VJ is 2 years younger, and MUCH less injury prone. So I think VJ's contract will be somewhere closer to what Roddy White got last year, 6 years $48 mil $18.6 guaranteed

6. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    I hope this helps getting VJ signed for the long haul. VJ and Philip are a great together and I bet PRiv would like to see him locked up. Floyd should be next and we have a great pair of Wide Outs for several years. :bolt::bolt: