1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

does brandon lang

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by charger1993, Sep 1, 2010.

1. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    make the team as OLB or does applewhite stay at OLB and lang gets transferred to ILB???? any opinions???:abq2:

2. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    If it's between Lang and Applewhite, I'll take Applewhite.

However, they've both looked better than Tucker.

Be interesting to see what happens during final cuts.

3. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    i agree, but what i was saying if both make the team, which would be the olb and which would be moved to ilb... in my opinion i think applewhite would be moved to ilb

4. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Applewhite will play OLB/ILB hybrid.

We keep all our OLBs I believe, maybe take one less ILB and have Applewhite and Shaun Phillips will sub in as ILB sometimes. If we suffer and injury at ILB we just pickup a guy of PS or on the market. None of the guys we have at ILB that we are going to cut are going to be picked up to start at other places.

5. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Applewhite officially will be an ILB if they both are retained but he'll be used to execute some outside blitzes, if not placed on the outside as a partial swap package. That said, Lang is probably not going to make the team with the competition at OLB but he may be a bit better than Tucker and that would seal the deal for the young linebacker.

6. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Applewhite figures to see situational action as a linebacker, as well as duty on pretty much every special teams unit.

If Brandon Lang makes the final 53, I think he'll be inactive on game day quite frequently.

7. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    idk lang could see playin time if english goes down

8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Lang will be a back up and probably used at both positions depending on the situation and the health of the rest of the LB's. After such high expectations Jyles Tucker is a disappointment so far. The whole line up will depend on how healthy Merriman can get and how fast.

9. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    well said man well said