1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Does Crapernick sit at the Q??!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerMike, Aug 29, 2016.

1. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    Being one of the biggest military cities in the country., does this clown really think he's above everyone and everything?? There's a time and place for a protest., the National Anthem is not one of them....what disrespectful piece of sh*t.
    I encourage the city of San Diego to show this loser what happens to garbage when they disrespect the men and women of past and present of our armed forces that protect us every day.
    What an ungrateful bastard.....and shame on the media for feeding into all the attention that he obviously wants and is getting.
    San Diego will not stand for his disrespectful antics....maybe somebody will talk some sense into him before he goes stupid again.....especially in this city.

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Can't find the link, but he's said he's sitting.

3. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,153
  4. ChargerMike

Ratings:
    +481
    I don't give a sh*t if he flys a banner out of his *ss on the field while he dropping back for a pass....or if he rants before, during, and after the game.....I really don't have any problems with any of that..more power to him....but absolutely, under no circumstances during the National Anthem.....I don't who you are, or what you're trying to say., the Nation Anthem is off limits for any kind of protest......you might as well stomp on the flag as far as I'm concerned.

5. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,153
    We probably all have our own ideas as to which hurts America more...

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Lawyers guns & money

Lawyers guns & money BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +109
    Yes u can also stomp on or even burn the flag in this great country of ours. That's part of what the military fights to preserve. Sorry

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ShowYourBolts

ShowYourBolts Offering free samples.

Ratings:
    +114
    Thanks for saving me the time.

Do your thing Kaep

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ShowYourBolts

Ratings:
    +114
  9. ChargerMike

Ratings:
    +481
    If you can defend protesting during the National Anthem.....you're an ungrateful f*cken piece of sh*t.......defend that......you're a f*cken loser.......and while you're at it, how'bout gett'n the f*ck out of this country and moving to the middle east....where you can defend for yourself....let me know how that goes......
    Taste that sh*t.

10. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,153
    ...but other than that, you're cool with Kaep's protest...

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,405
    If I was him?....... Yes, I would sit.

Why would you risk bodily injury for a team that's just going to cut your *** anyway? ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. ShowYourBolts

Ratings:
    +114
    Sorry if this is too hard for you to wrap your little brain around, but no one who signs up for the military gets to choose what 'freedoms' they get to defend.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,582
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Lawyers guns & money

Lawyers guns & money BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +109
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we're not boltbruthasfromanthamutha

15. ChargerMike

Ratings:
    +481
    All of you bleeding heart liberals are pathetic..... Cry me a ocean.....stand up and protest!!!!......f*cken losers....

16. ChargerMike

Ratings:
    +481
    Not the f*cken idiots....

17. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Cool your f*cking jets.

Kaepernick has the right to protest ANY WAY HE WANTS. That doesn't excuse him from being criticized. He's been outspoken on the same subject via Twitter and other social media as well.

Personally, I'll stand for the anthem for other reasons: to honor both grandfathers and my father who served, just to name a couple. But that's MY reason.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,153
    Mike, I really don't know what "bleeding heart liberal" is supposed to mean
    (though I'm pretty sure it comes nowhere close to describing me)
    but if you truly view freedoms like freedom of speech and freedom of expression
    as something characteristic of "other" people...
    people not like you, then I feel bad for you.

When push comes to shove, values and principles matter more than flags and songs
    (which are simply symbols for those values and principals).

At any rate, I'm not getting paid to give a civics lesson...you started the thread...
    I'll leave you to it. Best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
  19. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    It's just an American citizen exercising his 1st amendment right. Is it disrespectful, sure to a lot of people it is, but it's still his right.

I'm sure you exercise your 2nd amendment right all over the place :tup:, I do. That's what our service men and women fight for, all of it.

20. ChargerMike

Ratings:
    +481
    All of you Craper defenders are unbelievable.....
    He can protest all he wants on his own time.....I don't give sh*t...... WHY during the National Anthem??? To piss everybody off??!! Mission accomplished.... Well done loser.
    Good way to ruin your already pathetic and doomed 5 minute career.....

21. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,026
    This thread may quickly spiral down into the sort of political vortex which may get frowned upon by the powers that be on Bolt Talk, but here is what I will have to say:

Kaepernick absolutely has the right to protest as afforded to him by the 1st amendment of The Constitution, but his action whatever his true motivations are will ultimately just bolster the prejudices of those nations which are ideological adversaries or are down right the enemies of The United States, because it will be used as propaganda to demonize the entire nation. When propaganda is being cooked up, it often lacks any solid hard facts so the cake which our enemies will cook up against us will use the San Francisco 49rs, a former celebrated NFL Franchise as its main ingredient and the fact that a backup QB has taken up this personal cause won't matter much, because the propaganda will be so cleverly constructed in such a way as if the QB of the team which had won 4 SBs like a Joe Montana was making such powerful statements right after they had won the SB! IMHO, this is very bad judgement being exercised by Mr. Kaepernick.

That said, what he is doing is a lot tamer than when a loudmouth firebrand who happens to be running for the Presidency of these United States runs his mouth off akin to shouting from rooftops that the sitting President of this Country is the Founder of ISIS. When that moron uttered those words, it was only within a matter of days when the leader of Hezbollah in Lebanon and some of the influential clerics in Iran were citing the Orange Messiah's words propagating the conspiracy that the Shiites had always preached to their delivers that this anti-human infestation known as ISIS was a creation of the CIA and the Israeli MOSSAD through the financial backing of the Saudi Monarchs.

Words and actions both can have consequences which go and reverberate far beyond these shores. If Kaepernick wants to make a statement for whatever his true motivations maybe, we as the citizens must, Must, MUST respect his right to conduct his disrespectful action (or there lack of) as afforded to him by The Constitution, although he is completely misguided and is totally in the wrong!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    I am not defending Kaepernick, but I am defending the Constitution. Our Constitution is not some selective piecemeal document that is deemed to be used selectively as and when it suits certain groups. I would defend this idiot's rights to be disrespectful to the flag and the National Anthem in the same way that I would express my similar opinion if a player chose to skulls*ck Bin Laden during the Anthem. Distasteful? Yes! Protected by The Constitution? Absolutely.

Get this in your head: it is not about Kaepernick! It is about us as a Nation of laws and the protection of its citizenry under those laws! The "if he doesn't like it, he can move to the M.E." argument is what only a know-nothing bigoted idiot would say.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Lastly, he's no good as a QB so the 49'rs can easily cut him for conduct detrimental to the Team and then await the ACLU's lawsuits to rain on them. That's another easy option to NOT show his mug on your TV screens!

24. ShowYourBolts

Ratings:
    +114
    Ah yes. The obligatory 'bleeding heart liberal' shot, That's the old stand by when the person you're dealing with is too stupid to come up with anything actually pertinent to the argument.

It's hilarious to me that you're more shook up about the stand he chose to take, than the reason he feels the need to take one at all.

• Like Like x 1
  25. ShowYourBolts

Ratings:
    +114
    It didn't piss everyone off, only those who were weak minded enough to allow it do so.

26. ShowYourBolts

Ratings:
    +114
    You sir are 100% correct.

27. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +349
    That's the beauty of this country, he can sit all he wants and not get any retribution; except, opposite verbal comments. Some countries (where we enjoy their oil) would kill you for speaking out in this way. He is young, rich and self righteous, (1. To be young again, 2. not that there isnt a valid discussion) just maybe use his vast resourses locally?

28. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Sorry, pal. But people can protest in ways you don't like and remain in the country, despite your impotent rage.

• Agree Agree x 2
  29. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    My opinion:

I don't care who you are or what you wacky, bu11sh!t reasons you want to give me... none is reason to disrespect your country and the millions of other Americans watching your actions on TV. Hey you ********- you're an American, playing in America, and getting paid a f@ck of a lot of American Dollars to play a truly American game... .stand your sorry as$ up you little muthafucking punk when they play the Anthem. I would hope that if punkasss Colin sits down that some "mercan guy dumpsd a beer over his head. Wake up and Grow up Kapernick.

• Winner Winner x 1
  30. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    In the interest of saving time, I'm copy/pasting my response to a similar (yet much more civilized argument) on Facebook.

Except that's now how America works - we celebrate Freedom - not "Shut up or GTFO". That's an authoritarian mindset. This country was founded on standing up to oppression, to systemic inequality and lack of representation. These are the very issues he's addressing - you may not like that he's chosen to sit during the anthem as his protest, but the fact is, his doing so is unequivocally American.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1