1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Does Matthews Have ADRIAN PETERSON Syndrome?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Nov 7, 2010.

1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    This guy can't hold onto the ball. What is the deal man? He looks as bad as Adrian Peterson. Why can't he hold onto the ball. Has he been training with Adrian Peterson?

2. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +275
    Agree totally------------------

Ryan Matthews:

San Diego's very own fumbling China Doll. Can't seem to hold on to the football and must hung around with Busted a$$ Buster Davis too long ----->>>> seems to find ways to get to the trainer's table nearly every game.

Prove me wrong #24... but so far all you've shown me is a penchant for putting the ball on the ground and getting your sorry a$$ hurt.

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I'll bet that big stupid thing on his left arm didn't help.

:mad3:

I wish you guys weren't so quick to crucify him. He's still a ROOKIE, give him a break.

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Yes. AP syndrome is exactly what it is.

A desire not to go down, a belief that he can break any and every tackle, and it results in him not covering the ball when he should just concede the tackle.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    He hasn't fumbled in six weeks now, he got it ripped out again like at Seattle. He really hasn't just dropped the ball in a long while. Something to work on in the off-season. He has still looked good today, more concerned about his fragility

6. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Well I am as worried about his ability to be in the locker room more than on the field, as I am with this in-ability to hang on to the ball.

7. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Fumbles is only one part of Mathews problem. He also has what ever Buster Davis and Larry English have. They are all 3 giant pussies

8. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    because he erally hasn't played that much in the last 6 weeks. A few carries a game at most. I wish him the best and love his running style but come on. JUst go down. DOn't cough up the ball!

9. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    No, Adrian Peterson is 100 times tougher.

10. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Lets keep some perspective, LT fumbled 8 times his rookie year, lost 6.

11. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    He was a total bust, that's why we cut him.

:D

• Like Like x 1
  12. powayslugger

Ratings:
    +275
    LMAO

13. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    We will get our RB in April.

14. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    So AJ drafted another 1st round bust is what you are saying? No saying I disagree... yet.

15. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Give the kid a break, he's trying to fill some very big shoes. At least when it gets hurt there is contact involved.

16. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I think we need to draft another real/pure RB just for insurance. Hopefully Sproles will be gone so we can just replace him.

17. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    he's a rookie- calm the **** down- thank you :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    i love mathews hes just a rookie who keeps tryin to make the big plays so he can be a household name and the hero in san diego..but i think aj needs to be more Conservative in the draft we could have waited to the early 20s to trade...even tho i wanted i wanted Dan williams, and ben tate.... but im happy

19. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Real easy to call NFL players pussies from behind your keyboard. I wonder how many plays people on this board would last.

20. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345

21. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    There was contact involved in Tomlinson's injuries too: contact with the grass.

22. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    this x1000000000 + I'll bet that arm brace affects his ability to wrap it up

23. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I got hopes with matthews. Its pretty apparent he's got alot of talent. JUst needs to have the game slow down and get control of his play. He was thrown into the fire with probalby too much responsiblity. ONce he gets a grasp and feeling comfortable playing in the nfl he should do well. To me he always looks like a little kid surprised at where he's at. Once he's gets adjusted he should do well.

24. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    I'm 6'2" 210lbs, I'd probably last one play and go down with a phantom knee injury :icon_tease:

25. powayslugger

Ratings:
    +275
    now that's a dumb comment. I know everyone has said **** from behind the safety of his computer screen...

I know I'd take one NFL hit and they'd be carrying me off on a stretcher- probably with an oxygen mask on and doing CPR. But that's not the point. It's real hard to make an impact in the NFL if your butt (or ankle or knee) is always in a sling and you're hising on the bench, IR or trainers room. Sometimes they have to nut up and play thru pain... yeah like Rivers did in the playoffs. He's my gold standard and all other mortals are judged against him. English, Matthews, Butler, Buster... all high picks and all nursing injuries or on IR... they need to take a lesson from our man Philip Rivers... just MHO.

I agree with others about Matthews needed to learn when to "just get tackled" instead of trying to milk an extra six inches out the run and then having a 350 pound lineman fall on your legs.

I know when I'm at work they expect me to show up and do a good job. It wouldn't be good if I kept dropping my stuff on the floor every time someone bumped me. Crap, they'd probably fire me if I did it too often.

26. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    That is what I wanted also

27. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    The Murph turff monster was very tough on Tomlinson and showed him no quarter. I believe he still has nightmares over it, in fact it chased him clean out of San Diego.

28. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I hear you, but it's a bit different when posters are calling people pussies. It's like what the F have you ever done dude who is calling people pussies?

29. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Yuppers. It's only in the context of our other mishaps that the fumbles seem like a big deal. I love the way he runs and I think the kid is going to be very very good.

30. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Far too early to be writing this guys off. When he is fit and on his game he will be a good player. Worth a no. 12 pick?, for me, no. You just got to look at Foster there yesterday, he's an UDFA. You can get serviceable running backs all over the place. But Mathews will be fine. This next 2 weeks comes at the perfect time for he and all the others who are injured. Bring on the bye and watch us run the table from here on in. Playoffs here we come.