1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Does Vick Get Arrested?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by VAN DA KNIGHTMAN, Jun 9, 2007.

?

Does Vick get arrested?

1. YES!

19 vote(s)
    63.3%
  2. no

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    OJ Simpson sez ... "I cut their heads off" and ?

2. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    He has to get arrested for this..all the evidence is pointing at him

3. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    he better

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I've been lighting candles at the church and praying that he does.

5. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Would absolutely LOVE to see it happen, I just doubt it will.

6. Chargeroo

Chargeroo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    I don't think so. He's just a mis-understood kid. Cut him some slack for Gods sake, he lost 30K on those darn Dogs! I think they should give him a big pay raise so he can recoup his losses! :icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    If the leash don't fit, you must acquit. :icon_rofl:

Vick is going down fer this.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chargeroo

Chargeroo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    The thing is, he didn't know they were Dogs, he thought it was just some of that World Wrestling stuff. Cut em a break!

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    :icon_eek:

• Like Like x 2
  10. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    yes he should, and he should go to jail for flying a bong around the country with him. there should be two offenses for the bong, the second for being such a dumbshyt.

i just hope if he is charged his lawyer doesn't bust out the chewbacca defense.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I think the Feds are going to take the Martha Stewart approach to this. Bust one big name in a problem crime, and maybe it will deter others from engaging in that activity.

Vick is gonna get busted for this.

12. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848
    If he doesn't get arrested then it'll be labelled celebrity justice

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Now that the Feds have taken over, I have to say yes, MV will be arrested. As long as they can keep the boneheaded crooks from Surry (Poindexter/Brown) from interfering, Mike is going to learn that he's not above being held accountable for his actions.

14. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I found this interesting. Here is an interview with Davon Boddie, Mike Vick's cousin. He's the guy whose arrest led to the search of Vick's property. He says the whole thing is a conspiracy. :no:

Link to the interview

15. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848
    That wacky backy has gone straight to his head

16. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848
    He also says it celebrity profiling

17. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I thought I read where Poindexter has already played the race card, hell I didn't even know he was black until I read that. All I know is, if it were me, my *** would be in lock up right now.:bolt2:

18. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Poindexter indicated that he felt that race might be a factor in his comments after the feds took over the case. This is standard rhetoric for him - I've heard it before.

Boddie doesn't exactly look like the kind of guy that I'd buy a conspiracy theory from, ya know? I think Mike may just have gotten in over his head this time.

Sorta helps you understand some of little brother Marcus's behavior now.

19. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Vick will never be cuffed and will not do a second in any form of lock-up. It's not gonna happen.

20. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'm not out to "get" Michael. I'm a VT fan & always supported him. But this is too disgusting, brutal, & cruel to be ignored. You may be right, BDH, but I hope not. He needs to be taught a lesson.

21. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    It'll all good man and I don't think you're out to get him but I just don't think he's going to do any time at least not for this. That said dude better clean his chiat up quick or eventually he will get nailed for something.

I'm sure glad we took LT in that draft. :yes: :bolt2:

22. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848
    Every Charger Fan is saying those words:tup: :tup:

23. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I don't want to think about spending high draft picks for Leaf and then Vick in succession. Good God! I didn't even happen and I need an early morning swill.

:icon_eek:

24. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Quite right, dude. I wasn't implying anyone here is out to get him, just my choice of words. The only reason I'm spending as much time on these Vick threads as I am is because
    a) I'm so disappointed & disgusted with a player that I supported from a college that I love and
    b) I hate that my home town is getting mentioned in the same sentence as this crap.

OK, & I'd like for Poindexter to get his, too!! :icon_twisted:

While I'd enjoy seeing a successful VT player on the Bolts roster, I'm awfully glad that we got LT over Vick!

25. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    No:
    1) Celebrities get more lenience
    2) Celebrities get better lawyers (cause they can afford it)
    3) ACLU will be all over it calling it a racial witch hunt
    4) At the most he will get house arrest (in HIS house)
    5) They will spin ‘a shadow of a doubt’ on any jury
    7) They will find ways to paint Vick as the victim
    8) They will say his friends are trying to extort or hurt him
    9) Vick will sick the dogs on the jury
    10) Vick will do some charity or public event to garner sympathy to win in the court of public opinion

26. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    That's going to be hilarious; ACLU vs. PETA. Liberal v. ultra-liberal. Not sure who to root for in that case...

27. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Well Conc, I must beg to differ on sevral counts. The ACLU won't go anywhere near this one. Contrary to popular myth, the ACLU defends constitutional rights of everyone from white supremicists the members of the RCP. One of the reasons they have the rep is because they wind up pissing off EVERYONE sooner or later. I'll speak from experience here, they don't give a flying fug, either. There is a quote, more honored in the breach than in the observance, erroniously attributed to Voltaire. "I disapprove of what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it, sic.(write). The ACLU is the only group on this planet who not only speak those words, but live them.

If celebrities get acquitted when us schmucks get sent up, the commentary doesn't reflect on lawyers or defendants, it reflects on the justice system and the quality of prosecutors. A good prosecutor with a good case will rarely lose, unless the environment is oh, say, 1965 Mississippi. A good prosecutor with a jury rigged (no pun intended) case will lose, in the unlikely event a good prosecutor will even move on such a case. A less than adequate prosecutor will lose even a good case when faced by a more competent opponent.

I seriously doubt this is a pure dogfighting case. I smell tax evasion. So even if there is a less than draconian outcome from the cruelty to animals or illegal dogfighting end, tax evasion screws the long and the short and the tall. The IRS, to my knowledge has no reputation for mere house arrest for scoflaws that come under its purview.

The pictures that will emerge from this case, if it involves Michael Vick, will probably vitiate any sympathy for Vick as either victim or dupe.

The guys who will go batshit crazy on this one will be PETA. But this time they might have a point. I have developed a visceral aversion to violence over the years, but I would slit the throat of a dog fighter and not lose a moments sleep.