1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dogs & Cats living together! Raiders/Broncos Trade??

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TheLash, Aug 20, 2007.

1. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Grabbed from Pro football talk

DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER IN THE AFC WEST

Could the Apocalypse be approaching? If so, we definitely have a sign that we can point to.

The Denver Broncos and the Oakland Raiders have engaged in a trade.

Let's repeat that. The Denver Broncos and the Oakland Raiders have engaged in a trade.

Specifically, the Broncos have shipped defensive tackle Gerard Warren to the Raiders for an undisclosed pick in the 2008 draft.

The move is stunning, given the acrimony between these two franchise and, specifically, the abject hatred shared by Raiders owner Al Davis and Broncos coach Mike Shanahan. If anything, we would have expected to tension to increase with the recent hiring of former Raiders personnel guru Mike Lombardi by the Broncos. But perhaps it was Lombardi who was able to work his old connections there in order to make the trade happen.

Surely, a trade to the Raiders was the only option that the Broncos had. Even then, we're surprised that they didn't simply cut Warren in lieu of entering into a transaction with the Raiders.

And, yeah, the title to this item comes from one of the funniest movies of our time.

2. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    The turds have got to be the dumbest org on the planet. Denver would have CUT HIM you morons.

3. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Isn't Warren that fat bastard that blasted Brees' arm on the cheap shot?

Fuc 'em both. They could put both teams together on the field and we'd still kick their asses.

4. IgorUnchained

IgorUnchained BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    When Bill Romanowski went from Denver to Oakland, was he traded? I dont remember how that went down. :icon_shrug:

5. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    The Broncos are sure to get a pick high in it's round.

6. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    F'kin A. I loved it last year when McNeil pancaked one of the Bronco D-lineman (or LB) last year and was up in Warrens face ready to slam him too. It was freakin BEE-U-TI-FUL. Warren was the "Sapp" that hit Brees in the shoulder. Phuc both teams. Faiders acquire yet another washed up vet....:icon_huh:

7. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I'm surprised the Donks didn't find a way to rob Washington blind.

• Like Like x 1
  8. oldschool1

oldschool1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w91-GMc3j7I"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w91-GMc3j7I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

"Dogs and Cats living together, mass hysteria!"

Classic.

Oldie Out

9. Kev

Kev BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    Very appropriate choice of phrase. One of the fellas on NFL network's Total Access called it a "sign of the coming apocalypse". Man, talk about desperate. The Chargers are so STACKED.

:abq2: :abq1:

10. TheLash

Ratings:
    +715
    sorry guys I didn't write it. its fdrom profootballtalk.com

I flailed on the link earlier.

11. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Somehow the "Ghostbusters" theme and the Raiders fits flawlessly.

Somethin' strange
    In the neighborhood
    Who ya gonna call?
    AL DAVIS!!!

12. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Janine: Do you have any hobbies?
    Al Davis: I collect spores, molds, and fungus.

13. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    :icon_rofl:

He has a whole wall of lichens, too. He acquired the guy to collect the barnacles between his toes.

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

LOOPHOLE COULD LET RAIDERS SCREW BRONCOS

A thought occurred to yours truly during a Tuesday morning visit with Marc Vandermeer and Andre Ware on SportsRadio 610 in Houston. While discussing the trade that sent Gerard Warren from Denver to Oakland, and addressing the conditional draft pick premised on Warren being on the opening day roster, the proverbial light bulb flickered.

If the Raiders cut Warren before the first game and re-sign him after it, they owe the Broncos nothing. So the Raiders can cut him before the first game, and re-sign him after it, and keep their fifth-round pick in the 2008 draft.

Every year, several veterans are released before Week One, in order to avoid the provision that allows their salaries to become fully guaranteed if they are on the opening day roster.

As to Warren, the only risk that the Raiders would be taking is that someone else could swoop in and sign him. But if the Raiders and Warren work out a wink-nod thing, they can pull off the maneuver and stick it to the Broncos.

Maybe dogs and cats aren't living together, after all.

15. TheLash

Ratings:
    +715

I don't know man. I can see the faiders pulling that kind of shady crap, but that might make other teams reluctant to deal w/ them in the future:icon_shrug: