1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dolphin fans, are their bad seeds worse than the Raiders?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Sep 27, 2009.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I knew it back in 2003 when our Monday Nighter got moved to Pheonix due to the fires. They were worse than Raiders fans! In your face and trying to start trouble.

The one today were no different. Being completely disrespectful and trying to get a physical reaction out of anybody.

2. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Dolphins fans are trash!!!

Were you at that Pheonix game?

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Yeah. Were you?

4. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130

Please show your pride and represent that city with the highest class. I was very dissapointed two years ago when a huge fight started by a moronic fan left a bad taste for people who attended.
    P.S. F***k the raiders

5. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432

Once again, answering a question with a question. In true B4L form. :yes: But, yes I was. So?????:icon_shrug:

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

No fight happened in my area but the Miami Thrash was doing all they could to make one happen.

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748

We had 7 sitting in front of us, all of them were cool except for one drunk girl, but she was more entertaining than most opposing teams fans when she got sloppy and started yelling at everyone as we all laughed at her. Even the Miami fans were giving her ****. It was awesome.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Your question was answered, old man. Put on your glasses.

9. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334

Wow........incorrect and uncalled for :icon_huh:

10. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,585

I think a fight broke out in the parking lot. I was at the top step of the trolley platform, waiting for the security person to let us up when 3-4 police cars came up fast, sirens & all. About 10-15 seconds later, another 4-5 cars sirens blaring went racing by. Security person said "must be a fight".

11. Bolt Attack

Bolt Attack BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15

I have to back up Bolts4life on this one. I went to the game in Phoenix and noticed the same thing. Yesterday, I also saw some idiots doing similar things up above me.

Having said that, and having traveled to various road games (about 2 per year for the past several years), I find that we can be the same at home. What is interesting is when you go to places you would expect to get a lot of grief the fans are really cool and you don't hear anything (went to the AFC championship in New England a couple of years ago).

Anyway, I think every city is going to have them although it does seem there are a lot more that come from Miami.

12. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018

From the broadcast it really seemed like there must have been a LOT of 'fins fans there. Like the crowd was really loud when we had the ball, and people were cheering Miami scores and penalties against the home team...

WHAT THE FUNK? :icon_shrug:

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886

That explains the early sellout on tix.

I expected there to be a lot of Miami fans. People climbed back on to the bandwagon after last year, so they probably picked this game specifically because of the way that team has owned the Chargers in recent years.

I know some Miami fans and they're not trash at all. But I'm sure the trouble makers were merely feelin' the heat of 0-3 and knowing they paid good money to watch the Wildcat produce a measly 13 points against one of the worst defenses in the NFL... well... that just had to hurt. :icon_party:

14. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210

The most hostile football environment I've ever been in from a person to person standpoint is The Murph/Qualcom. Some of it may have to do with the fact that I've been to a bunch of Charger/Raiders games but I don't think I have ever been to a home game where I haven't seen at least one fight. If I had kids I wouldn't bring them to a Chargers home game.

Other stadium experiences?

Baltimore: A family type of crowd. Not devoid of the occasional a-hole (but largely suburban fauna and harmless) but overall pretty fun loving.

Jets: Some hilarious NY/Jersey characters but they were more concerned with their team than rousting us. Overall, the most mellow stadium experience I've had. Good time.

Foxborough: Got the evil eye and cat calls from the peanut gallery pre-game. Not the warmest bunch even when you sat down and shared a beer with them. Got the feeling they thought they were better than everone else. Only one guy wanted to start beef... and that was in the stadium mens room. Maybe he just wanted to have sex with me.

15. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807

All teams have obnoxious fans, especially after lots of booze has been consumed. Miami has always had a good amount of fans either come to town or who live here - as long as I can remember it's been that way. Like with Denver and Dallas. The more you have in your house, statistically you will also have more dumbasses causing trouble.

Before we start calling out other fanbases maybe we should worry about our own fans - the amount of cocky uninformed jerkfaces amongst the bolt faithful has definitely increased as the team has gained popularity.

16. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748

:clap:

also, inb4 B4L starts accusing people of hating Chargers fans because someone posted something critical about Chargers fans

17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979

Here is my problem with this over emotional, lump sum thread. "Dolphins fans are trash!!!" this satement indicated every Dolphin fan alive is trash.

All Dolphin fans are not trash!

There are bad Dolphin fans just as there are for any other team.

Does anyone recall the thug beat down of a Jaguars fan at the Q, where a gang of Charger fans came in and nearly stomped him to death? The guy was in the Navy, and got hot with one Charger fan, he dialed up his homies and they put the boot to him. It looked like about 5 to 1. Video was on the web for months. Does that make ALL Charger fans trash?

B4L, you are very loyal to this site, but the site is part of the Fan2Fan alliance, and this thread, or perhaps it's ill thought out title does not serve the site well. Please consider the entire scope of what you wish to discuss when making new threads in the future.

Some fans have acted poorly, I dont question that for a second, but to lump them all together as you have is not right. That is how I see it.

18. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886

Just move the thread now... we know where this is heading. :lol:

19. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748

Would flipping off your own head coach be consider trashy behavior?

:yes:

Get your :popcorn: ready :lol:

20. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

:lol:

21. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

It's not just game days either. I came back to SD for mom's memorial and the first thing I did was flip off a grandma cause she wouldn't let me merge on the freeway.

It was like I never left!!!

22. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,424

I've been to plenty of chargers games and I think I've seen one fight. :icon_shrug:

23. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689

Childish is the word that comes to mind.

24. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,424

agreed

25. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886

My wife almost got caught in the middle of a fight while waiting in line for a soda. She came back to the seats all shook up. Some dude apparently cheap shotted this big Samoan who was just standing in line, while the cheapshotter's buddy tried to cut in front of the guy and then started shiit with him. She said the Samoan was actually being pretty civil with the guy and told him to get out of line, but then the buddy came from nowhere and cracked him in the skull.

She was so shook up from seeing it that we left our seats and I took her to get a beer. We went out into the breezeway and there was the Samoan icing his bloody head, while the cops had the other guy on the side talking to him.

Saw a couple other confrontations last year at the Q (Chiefs game). But it was mostly shoving and yelling.

Oakland is by far the worst place I've visited as far as fighting goes.

Lambeau was by far the best. I don't even recall seeing any arguments there. In fact, Cowboy, Viking, and Packers fans hugging and drinking beers was pretty much standard there.

26. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748

I saw 2 yesterday. You must be really focused on the game, which is understandable, but when it's ugly like yesterday, boredom strikes and you start looking aorund for some entertainment.

27. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,424

I wasn't trying to suggest that they don't happen much, I've seen news of them for instance.

I've just never seen many.

Maybe I'm just lucky or people just like me.

28. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Everybody knows that but some have more and worse than others.

29. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

That was my experience there as well.

might have something to do with the fact that they have bleachers. Everyone is sitting on each others laps

30. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I didn't say anything about "all" Dolphins fans. If some people want to take it that way, that's their decision.

People in here rag on Raiders fans all the time (myself included) but I have a few friends who are raiders fans and aren't into all that thug mentality crap.

Of all fans I've delt with, Dolphins have the worst and highest number of bad seeds.