1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dolphins owner thinks team will be in Super Bowl XLV

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    ESPN.com news services
    6-6-2010

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan isn't the only personality talking big in the AFC East. Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross is thinking big, too, and not afraid to let everyone know about it.

Ross, who was honored Saturday for a donation he made to help renovate the field at Miami Beach High School, said he believes his team will be playing in Super Bowl XLV in February 2011.

"I think in February, we will be playing in the Super Bowl," Ross told reporters.

Ryan, true to form, has also previously stated that he expects the Jets to be playing in the Super Bowl.

Ross, who bought 50 percent of the team in 2008 and became majority owner in January 2009, said he's not putting pressure on coach Tony Sparano with his bold talk.

"He thinks that too, and so does every player on the team. You just have to go out and do it," Ross told reporters.

Ross wasn't done there with his big talk. When he introduced Chad Henne at the event, he shared his hopes for what the quarterback can accomplish in a Dolphins uniform.

"I'm sure, and I'm hoping -- as everybody else is -- that he goes down as the greatest quarterback in Miami Dolphin history. And you know what that will mean," Ross told reporters.

The Dolphins owner said he wasn't worried about putting pressure on Henne by saying he hopes he can be better than all-time Dolphins great Dan Marino, who retired after the 1999 season.

"Henne can handle the pressure,'' Ross told reporters. "That I can tell you. He started at the University of Michigan as a true freshman and was playing in front of 110,000 people and led them to the Big Ten championship. I think the Miami Dolphins have a great quarterback for the future and I think everybody in South Florida is excited about what Chad Henne brings to this team."

After a surprising 11-5 record and an AFC East title in the 2008 season, Miami stumbled to 7-9 in 2009. This offseason, Miami added receiver Brandon Marshall to give Henne another weapon on offense and signed linebacker Karlos Dansby to boost the defense.

The New England Patriots won the AFC East in 2009 and have finished atop the division in six of the past seven seasons.

GO BOLTS :abq2:

2. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Then he is completely delusional. They will have to get lucky like the jets to even make the playoffs

3. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Methinks this fool has slurped up some serious tarballs with a straw out there on the beach...

Pointy :icon_twisted:

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    WTF is in the water in the AFC East? I'd never thought I'd say that Bill Bellichek might be the most sane person in that division

5. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I like the way he thinks! :tup:

6. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    :icon_eek:

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest