1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dolphins player Fred Evans gets Tasered!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Evans arrested on Miami Beach

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Miami Dolphins defensive tackle Fred Evans was arrested early Saturday after he refused to leave a taxi on South Beach and then fought with officers, police said.

Police twice used a Taser gun on Evans, according to the arrest report, in attempts to subdue the 6-foot-4, 305-pound player who appeared in one game as a rookie last season with the Dolphins. Officers said they asked Evans to leave the taxi and, after he refused, they attempted to put him in handcuffs. He allegedly resisted, leading to the scuffle.

Evans was charged with multiple counts of battery on a law enforcement officer and resisting with violence, along with single counts of disorderly intoxication and trespassing. One officer was allegedly bitten on the wrist and a female officer sustained scrapes on her left knee, police said.

Dolphins coach Cam Cameron, in a brief statement, said the team was aware of Evans' arrest.

"We will not condone this type of behavior," Cameron said. "I assure everyone it will be dealt with seriously."

Evans' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, didn't immediately return a call seeking comment.

Linky

• Like Like x 1
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    this is getting absolutely insane with the NFL, you can't put this on Goddell's shoulders but still come on!

3. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Taking a "bite" out of the Mike Tyson (ear) and Pacman (ankle) Jones book .....

What is it with athletes and biting?

4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I forgot about the Pacman thing. I guess Pacman Jones is the real ankle biter in the NFL. :icon_rofl:

5. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Shocking story.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    its pathetic that all of this is happening

7. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    It's a story that a reader can really sink their teeth into .....

8. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    :icon_rofl:

9. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    It has created quite the buzz.

10. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    :lol: :icon_rofl:

11. Sweets

Sweets BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    Well Pacman actually didn't bite anyone, DNA test shows it wasn't him, but all these guys getting out of control in the NFL is just nuts.

12. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    "Ankle Biter" has been an ongoing phrase around here. It is the term that has been given to defensive players that allow a good gain on every tackle because they tackle by the ankles. Most recently the term was used to describe Donny Edwards before he left for the Chiefs.

Personally I'm think Edwards was a very good defensive player, but he did get knocked back on solo tackles. Very good playing the ball in space though.

13. Sweets

Sweets BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    opps, my bad:icon_redface: guess I have a lot of terms to learn around here....

14. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    It's not your bad. In Paman's case it was reported at one time that he bit an ankle. I just thought you should know why that term was even relevant over here.

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    ankle biter - nickname for Donnie Edwards (or anyone) because they rarely took tacklers head on but tackled their legs from behind after the runner had gained a few positive yards.

16. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Fixed it for ya... (and the answer is - - - TRADITION!). ;)

17. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Isn't that what I said? :icon_huh:

18. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Based on what I've seen and hope to never experience getting tasered must suck. :icon_eek:

19. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,929
    yeah BUT i was writing it at the same time you posted yours so I didn't see yours and mine's so damn well written i'm not deleting it :lol:

20. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I've never been tasered, but got inadvertently zappped by a cattle prod.

Was unloading "Belle" - the crazy cow - at the auction and she did NOT want to get out of the trailer. I went around one side of the trailer to stick my hand in to hit her on the ***, and at the same time on the other side of the trailer, one of the auction dudes stuck a prod in to zap her. Not 100% sure if he grazed me, or it just conducted through her or the metal on the trailer, but my hand got pretty numb and hurt down to the bone.

Belle went patently bonko nuts after that, careening out of the trailer and damn near scaled an 8-10' wall. Serious, that cow could jump.