1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dom DeLuise dies at 75

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChargerJeff, May 5, 2009.

1. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    Dom DeLuise has died.

The Golden Globe-nominated comic actor died Monday at a Los Angeles hospital. He was 75 years old.

Dom is probably best-known for his work in Mel Brooks films like "Blazing Saddles," "Silent Movie," "History Of The World Part One," "Spaceballs," "Robin Hood: Men in Tights," and co-starring with Burt Reynolds in films like "Cannonball Run," "Smokey and The Bandit 2" and "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas."

He also hosted the popular TV show "Candid Camera" from 1991-1992. Dom was an avid cook and author, penning several cooking guides and children's books.

DeLuise's most recent project had been a voice role for "Instant Karma," a live-action fantasy film starring Dwayne Johnson, Mira Sorvino and Pierce Brosnan, according to Access Hollywood. He was also scheduled for a cameo in "Horrorween," according to IMDB.com.

He leaves behind his wife, actress Carol Arthur, and sons Peter, Michael and David, all of whom are also actors.

[​IMG]

2. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    R.I.P. Mr DeLuise

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    NOOOO!

I love Dom! His role as the Pope in Johnny Dangerously was one of the last things I saw. He was one of the best... RIP Dom....

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Dom, thank you for every single laugh.

I loved him as the King in History of the World Part I.

RIP Dom DeLuise

• Like Like x 2
  5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yeah, he made a great Emperor Nero in the same movie.... :lol:

• Like Like x 1