1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dombrowski demonstrates worth to Bolts

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

But Runyan also will have a role to play

By Kevin Acee, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009

SAN DIEGO – There remains the possibility, and even likelihood, that the Chargers will decide to rely on Jon Runyan’s experience come playoff time.

But Brandyn Dombrowski deserves every bit of his playoff share for what he has done to help the Chargers win, and he has cemented a future for himself in the NFL.

The question remains, though, where that future will be.

Dombrowski, a San Diego State alum who spent last year on the practice squad, worked at left tackle during training camp. In the first game of the season, rookie right guard Louis Vasquez went down with a knee injury and Dombrowski, a left guard in college, stepped in for the next two games.

He went back to practicing as a left tackle until right tackle Jeromey Clary got hurt Nov. 15 against Philadelphia. Clary came back the next week but suffered a season-ending injury in the fourth quarter at Denver. Dombrowski has started all five games since.

“He will be an outstanding guard,” head coach Norv Turner said of Dombrowski, who got a game ball for his effort against Tennessee. “But we’ve … played awfully well offensively with him at right tackle, so I don’t know why I would think or anyone would think he couldn’t be a right tackle.”

The Chargers have begun rotating in Runyan, a 13-year veteran the Chargers signed after Clary went down.

“We’re going to need Jon,” Turner said.

2. MMJ4mil

MMJ4mil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    that's right baby us SDSU alums represent!

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    D man has done a decent job, considering he's essentially came in as a rookie.

I feel comfortable with him being depth OG/OT.

4. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Osgood
    Dumbo
    Applewhite

Awwwwww yeah
    S D S U fight fight fight!!!

I just graduated so I'm officially an Alumn!