1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Don’t blame Norv — look higher up

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SD Native WY, Oct 6, 2009.

1. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
  2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Posters need to remember the salary negotiations for LT before the season started.

WHO stepped in to get the deal done ?

Answer: Spanos

Now ask yourself why ?

What was the game plan if we were not going to re-sign LT this year ?

Could it have included some BEEF with the money we would have saved on LT's contract ($8 million)?

And most here think A.J. has ultimate say in who stays and goes - right?

Yeah right. :lol:

3. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    BINGO :icon_toast: :tup:

It all Starts and Ends from the very top. :yes:

Now Spanos either needs to get a Set of Testicles or sell the team to someone with a Set of Testicles. That will right the ship as it were.

4. crash123go

crash123go Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    the chargers were not like this when marty was here. I am telling you hiring a coach without a winning record isnt good. its the turner effect, the guy knows nothing about football.

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Only Spanos can write out a pink slip or put someone on the payroll but I find it hard to believe that Norv and Ted were Spanos's top choices.

Wasn't it AJ who felt it would be good to release Neil because he didn't pit in with Norv's play calling? Great f****** idea! :icon_evil:

6. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Lorenzo was done. He could not even keep his job with the Raiders this year. Hands of stone.

I was more pissed seeing Wes Welker go and A.J. signing Olivea to a new contract. That was hideous and part of the overall master plan by Spanos to get out of dodge. A.J is being held hostage by the burrito king. :yes:

7. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I don't like this tone. But, if it indeed goes down like that, then I won't have a problem finding a different team to follow.

:tdown:

8. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    oh gawd, why have you forsaken us :icon_shrug:

9. crash123go

crash123go Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    just think LT hasnt been the same since they cut lorenzo, I mean all of his stats went down.

10. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Think about it. A.J. obviously had plans which required Dean to step in and save the day to keep LT. That should tell fans that A.J. is not the decision maker that we all make him out to be regarding the players in this one instance (although it may be the lone exception).

If you knew that nothing short of winning a Super Bowl would get the County and the reluctant tax paying citizens behind a stadium initiative....wouldn't you be pulling out all the stops to get it done?

Does any fan really feel all the stops being pulled out to get it done...inclusive of the stadium initiative?

For instance, trading future draft picks to get the fat guys we need now to get it over the top?

I ain't feeling it. Something is not right.

Week 6 trading deadline deals are rare in the NFL and anything short of that happening, we need to start thinking about the draft.

Oh and by the way, the Chargers exit clause drops dramatically after this season. Imagine that. :bolt:

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

All good points but I think Spanos was thinking Super Bowl with hopes of LT to be a part of it as he's also hoping that LT can retire in Bolts.

Like Ray Lewis retiring as a Raven will bring tremendous tradition to the franchise. Only they also won a Super Bowl with him. That's what Spanos would like to have, as would our fan base.

As it would have been an unpopular decision, AJ being a dick and mocking LT didn't help the situation either. Like most people were saying "if LT must be released, it has to be done respectfully."

12. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
  13. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    if you're not joking then your posts are getting progressively worse

14. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334

:icon_huh:???????

15. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    LT screwed up using the media and by saying he started his career here.

Well no ****.

So did A.J. and WTF does that have to do with a man's pay? I get AJ's response and his frustration that he knew this team needed to go in a different direction but Spanos stepped in to keep LT. That was $8+ million we spent that could have been spent on line help.

You do not negotiate through the media and that is what LT was doing. That is not cool and anyone dealing with AJ knows that football business is handled between men and not via the worms in the media.

16. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Quit your sniveling. :tdown:

With you it is either vulgar language or now whatever ... so get over it. I do not post to get an approval or dissapproval from anyone nor do I care.

And - NO - I was not joking about anything I posted. Use the freaking ignore button if the posts are too disturbing. :tup:

Done.

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    **** may roll downhill, but it still starts out as ****.

18. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    and Marty's post season record is?

MARTY IS GONE GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!