1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Donald Brown back on the practice field

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Donald Brown back on the practice field

By Eric D. Williams | ESPN.com

SAN DIEGO -- Running back Donald Brown missed the past three weeks because he had not passed the NFL protocol for returning to the field from a concussion.

But Brown was finally back on the field for the San Diego Chargers on Wednesday, giving the team some added depth at running back.

However, fellow running back Ryan Mathews remains unable to practice fully with the rest of the team. Mathews, who missed six games with a MCL knee sprain, continues to work on his own.

Initial reports had Mathews returning in four to six weeks from his knee issue.

After sitting out the loss to Denver on Thursday with a concussion, cornerback Brandon Flowers has still not cleared the NFL protocol process in order to return to practice.

Inside linebacker Manti Te'o, out for the past five games with a broken foot, remains out as well, along with rookie edge rusher Jeremiah Attaochu, who has missed four games this season with a lingering hamstring injury.

Outside linebacker Dwight Freeney (rest) and center Rich Ohrnberger (back) also were not out practicing.

Along with Brown, outside linebacker Cordarro Law (ankle) and cornerback Steve Williams (groin) returned to practice on Wednesday.

Linebacker Melvin Ingram is on the injured reserve/designated to return with a hip issue. The earliest Ingram can return to the field is after the bye week against Oakland on Nov. 16. Ingram appears on track to meet that goal.

2. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Man, injuries have really derailed this team. Seems we say that every friggin year.

3. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Early injuries and sitting at 5-3, I'll take it. Sure miss Woodhead.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yeah, can you imagine both Woody and BO43 in the backfield?

5. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    I guess it's better than BO44 in the backfield.

6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Quite right...

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I have to say I will be a bit miffed if Mathews does not return soon. He was running before the last game, but here they he is not able practice with the rest of the team... C'mon son!

8. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    He and Ingram will be back Vs Oak. My big crystal ball says so...also says "try again" when I ask if more injuries will happen.

9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    The part of the game no one likes to talk about has bitten the Bolts hard. If guys can get back, God willing and the river don't rise, these guys might have a great second half.