1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

DONALD BUTLER.. why is he getting no credit?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Whooki Mane, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271
    Tough loss today the blame has to be placed solely on Rivers/Norv.. despite the loss Donald Butler i thought played another great game. Very athletic, big, and hard hitting linebacker. They never talk about him on the broadcasts nor does anyone else online.. We have a good one in Butler i can see him being a leader on our defense for the next 10 yrs

2. airbolt

airbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +25
    Because we lost, you're right about Butler though. The total meltdown in the second half unfortunately overshadowed Butler's play.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Butler earned and deserves alot of credit for his outstanding play. No question he looks like a find. But outside of the great play I don't recall hering much from or about him afterwards. I don't necessarily blame him for that the defense was atrocious throughout the second. HAlf but still it speaks poorly of the team as a whole

4. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271
    He just brings something we have been missing, hes an explosive tackler. When he fills the hole the delievers a blow he doesnt let the ball carrier come to him (stephen cooper)... not to mention he looks to be a lot better in coverage compared to spikes

5. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Spikes seemed to be able to start getting into the backfield, but too little, too late. Laboy whiffed on some of those tackles, so I am not sold on his abilities for this game. Butler's good play was overshadowed by his team mates shoddy play.

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Check the Balls/Birds thread. He's getting some much-deserved love there.

7. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    I give him credit where credit is due. He is doing alot more for the team than most of us expected.