1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Donkeys Look Legit This Time

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RM24, Oct 11, 2009.

1. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Man, watched that whole NE at Donks game. NE had them but just couldn't close the door. Donks and Orton actually look solid. They aren't 5-0 for nothing. NE had it's chances but just let Donks have their way. I was hoping NE would say "Heads" on the toss but dude said "Tails" and it ended up Heads. We got our work cut out for us next Monday Night guys. We HAVE to find a way to win that game. If Donks beat us and go 6-0 it looks like curtains for us!

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    They do, you have to give them credit for their wins. Chargers can still beat them, but they will have to play defense, and prevent the Broncos from having the ball as long as the Steelers did.

3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,415

5-0*

The Bengals are 4-1*

That being said, even despite all the luck going their way, they do look legit.

4. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Conc, they have to play real good defense. Not that "Swiss Cheese" Matador D we saw last Sunday night.....:no:

5. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Basically, we have to come up with some kind of running game or Nolan will have that defense keying off on Rivers the entire night. Dawkins has rejuvanated that secondary, and it has shown. There are some holes that we can exploit, but the offensive line needs to give us time to do it (prays).

Defense will be another story. we have one of the worst defenses in the entire league. We can't stop the run, and we still struggle against the pass though teams simply don't find it necessary to throw it very often against us. The Donks' offensive line is a top five unit right now, and we're really going to need some unique blitzing schemes to get pressure on Orton. No one has done it consistently this year, and it is the reason why Orton has looked halfway decent. If he gets all day to throw like we gave Ben in Pitt, then we will be giving up twenty plus points.

I'd like to be optimistic, but we have a bottom five defense and one of the worst rushing attacks in the league. We're playing against a team with one of the best offensive lines and a defense that is playing with confidence throughout every level. We'll need a great gameplan to pull this one out.

6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I dont think we have to become the #1 defensive unit or anything near that. We just have to force some punts. More than the 2 we did against Pittsburgh.

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    We have the entire Wizard of Oz crew as Head Coach...
    No Courage
    No Brian
    No heart

8. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    How in the HELL :icon_evil: can Denver be 5 and 0 with a new head coach and scheme new D coach and scheme... [​IMG]

I just don't get it...........[​IMG]

9. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    We flat out have to play the game of the season next Monday night or it's curtains. Can they dig down deep and do it? I really hope so and am of course rooting for it. Am I CONFIDENT they can do it? Frankly no. But dammit, that is going to be a season defining game, no doubt. TIME TO PUT UP OR SHUT UP CHARGERS! (Time for that players only meeting again.....)

10. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,415
    They don't have to play like a #1 D (although it wouldn't hurt)

Denver's offense isn't their strength.

Although, they can't play like that swiss cheese D either. That D would lose to a Pop Warner team.

11. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I think I am going to be sick... :puke:

12. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Who's Brian? Are you saying we need Brian for our head coach?

Attached Files:

13. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I think we saw the Pats struggle out there today. Brady was completely off his game and missed sure TD passes to both Moss and Welker. Still, the Donkeys barely pulled out a win. These Donkeys are pretenders. We'll need to play them tough, like we would need to against anyone.

If we show up, we beat this team. If not, well just about anyone could beat us. Especially if we start like we did in Pitsburgh.

14. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I still say we sweep the Donkys... :abq2:

15. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    We should. :tup:

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    They can, it is not a given. But what NFL game ever is?:icon_shrug:

17. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Keep in mind, as long as we can figure out how to win both games against the Donkos, we make up most of the 2.5 games we are behind them. Win those two games and as many as they do the rest of the season and we win the AFC West.

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    So can we put you in the 'Not giving up yet' category? :lol: :tup:

19. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Exactly, plus after we sweep the Donkeys, we'll have the tie breaker.

20. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Just like the Chargers I never give up... :abq2:

21. crash123go

crash123go Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    hello to all the chargers fans that called me stupid for saying denver was going to beat new england. (love the uniforms)

22. crash123go

crash123go Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    really....so you dont know anything about football. we are just lucky that we are 5-0. we are just lucky that we beat that pats. we are just lucky that we have the number 2 defense in the league. YEA RIGHT, WE ARE COMING CHARGERS, WE ARE COMING.

23. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Did you read anything about luck in his post? Brady did not have a good night and did miss a couple of easy TD passes. And winning in overtime is barely beating them. I expect we will have to play our best game of the season so far to win but we can win. So if you are going to start talking smack, take it to the smack talk area please.

24. crash123go

crash123go Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    we may have only had one sack but we had several hits on brady and that throws of the QB. you can claim that brady had a bad game. but what I saw was denver beating a "superbowl contender" and orton threw the ball better then brady. chargers be afraid, be very afraid.

25. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    /yawn

• Like Like x 1
  26. crash123go

crash123go Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    the chargers have nothing for me to fear as a denver fan. the only thing you guys can do is throw the ball, thats it.

27. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  28. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    The Broncos are an unimpressive 5-0. The Pats, Cowboys and Bengals gave those games away. We'll take care of business next week and the rest of the season. Broncos fans rejoice now, because reality will smack you in the face next Monday night.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    I think Philip Rivers will still have a great day lighting up that Denver defense, no matter how good it is and of course we will struggle to get anything going with the run. I actually think that we'll see a more motivated, surprising defense on Monday that will not only effectively prevent Denver from establishing a powerful run game but also have Orton throwing it away more often than he'd like to.

• Like Like x 1
  30. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Bah .. they have a decent pass rush .. But like week before vs Dallas, they had several huge holes in pass defense. Brady completely missed Welker in the last couple of minutes which would have been a TD. Contain their pass rush, this is a very beatable Bronco team.

• Like Like x 1