1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

donkies acquire another bust DT, but not from the Browns

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Jun 8, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    From a team with almost as bad of a DL; the Rams

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2897672

After a couple of frustrating seasons in St. Louis, former first-round choice Jimmy Kennedy was traded by the Rams to the Denver Broncos for what is believed to be a sixth-round pick.

Kennedy, a first-round pick in 2003, is a 6-foot-4, 325-pound former Penn State star whom the Rams hoped would solidify the interior of their defensive line. Over the past two seasons, though, they've had trouble getting Kennedy to conform to the team's style of defense. They wanted him to be more of a run-stopper; he wanted to shoot the gap and try to disrupt offenses.

The Broncos were a good fit for Kennedy because they want to get bigger along the defensive line.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Is Shanny the Rat planning a new scheme where he plans on fielding 11 D-linemen? How many freaking DL's do they have on their roster?

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886

:icon_rofl: :lol: :icon_rofl:

4. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    The Rat knows we're gonna kick their asses and there's nothing he can do about it. However I'm sure over there on Orangelame they're jumping for joy and buying super bowl tix. :icon_rofl:

5. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Sounds like the Broncos are using the "throw as much **** against the wall as possible and see what sticks" theory to fix their D-line. The same theory has been used by the Pats to fix their WR's (while admittedly, their prospects for having things stick might be greater).

6. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I'm sure you're referring to the traditional spaghetti test. You appear to have used an insufficient number of asterisks.

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Yeah, I sense the AFC's collective sphincter tightening (Denver and the Patriots). They smell the Chargers and rightfully so.

We either gets this **** done this year or we will have a lot of pisssed off fans (as if that was not a hard call to make).

Now get me a goddamnnn right tackle to replace Olivea or put in Oben. :helm1:

8. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    It's just the annual event known as .......

Donkey dumpster diving for D-linemen

9. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Dude, you're so full of crap on that. Oben wouldn't be an upgrade at right tackle for Olivea. The right tackle needs to be a power blocker in the running game, and Oben does NOT fit that bill.

Would Oben be a better pass blocker at RT than Olivea? Probably, but Oben isn't a good 2nd level blocker, and has never been a quality drive blocker.

Move Olivea to RG, and dump the WEAK LINK - Goff - on our OL. I'd like to see if Lekk has developed enough to put at RT. I liked what I saw from him in SF.

Goff can seal block and pull two holes in the power-oh running game, and that's it. He's a liability in pass blocking and horrible at getting to the 2nd level, while finishing less than 25% of the blocks if he happens to get to the 2nd level.

10. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Aahh yes, soon to followed by the media lining up to chug Shanahan's c0ck on what a brilliant move it was picking up a bunch of broken down busts. Can't wait for that. :tdown:

Very nice alliteration, BTW.

11. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Donky homers think their Super Bowl contenders right now, I dont even see how they are playoff contenders realistically.

12. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    It's shocking how many turds Shanarat thinks he can "fix" with his "genius".

:lol:

13. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    The unfair advantage of having 8 games a year in altitude makes them playoff contenders almost every year. :tdown:

14. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    We won't know until well into training camp whether we have someone better that Oben or Olivea for RT. Olivea is worth a shot at guard, but until we get a read on the other people like Lek, Clarey and Pape we'd be moving people just to move them. LT had his season and we went 14-2 with what we have, so the right side of the line is more than just adequate. Until we have a better read on everyone on the line during camp there's no logic behind a change in personel. Besides, injuries always shuffle the deck anyway. I have been told Mruczkowsky will get a close look this time around and so will Clarey. Olivea is working his butt off similarly to Merriman this off season, so he could be improved over what he has been. What we have now is servicable on the right side, if we find guys better than that, switch away, matey.

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    He's got one turd DT (Marcus Thomas) one old fat DT (Sam Adams) and one POS DT (Jimmy Kennedy). This is on top of Travis Henry (turd), Tom Nalen (big *** turd), any remaining Brownco lineman (diaherea) and Todd Sauerbrauten (steroid injected turd)

Might as well call Invesco Field the Toilet Bowl with all those turds floating around

16. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I heard Jimmy Kennedy interviewed on Sirius the other day. The dude is lost in space. He blamed all of his failures on his DC and DL coaches, basically saying no one ever gave him one spot and position to focus on. He said they bumped him back and forth between the under tackle and the over (Nose) tackle.

He said his current weight is over 340. He's gonna have to work his *** off just to survive those initial practices at altitude in Donkeyville.