1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Donkos show up then fade out - The window is open

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Enormo, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Pit 21 Den 10 with 2:00 left.

Donkos put on an impressive show for the first half plus. Their pass rush was all over Rothlesberger and their passing game was moving the ball. But once the Steelers got the run game going it was all but over. Still, anyone who thought the Cutler trade was a team downgrade... well... they were just wrong.

So one game back now? Eagles and Donkos back to back. Our OLine better get it's act together and our pass rush will need to step it up. Donkos showed up against a strong Steelers team for real.

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Their defense is pretty damn good, but their pansy *** offense couldn't stay on the field because the Steelers defense is too. You can tell they just wore out.

3. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    27-10 now. Donkeys have no running game, no offensive TD's, 3 INT's by Orton and no run defense. Also I don't remember the last time I saw Champ Bailey get burned over and over again. Ward jumped right over him on that last TD.

Reality has slapped Denver in the face. Donkey fans, look out here comes the Bolts!

4. ChargerBigNick

ChargerBigNick BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Chargers need to study how the Steelers play football.

5. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    That weak side counter better be studied intensly.

6. PB Bolt

PB Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138
    The Steelers are good. But I've felt for awhile now that it's only a matter of time before the Bronco Orton starts looking more like the Bear Orton.

That day has come.

7. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Ohhh yes. We just need to come with intensity. I say if we can beat Philly, Denver better look out cuz we're gunna go into their house, punch 'em in the mouth then stomp 'em into the snow and bury them 6 feet under. Go Bolts, let's bring the ****ing heat! :bolt::bolt::bolt:

8. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Denver's offense has scored just 10 points the past two weeks. It also can't came back and win if it's down by several scores, either.

That's their weak point right now.

In addition, this game could have easily been 31-3 were it not for several mistakes by Big Ben.

9. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Sometimes I got to like those Steelers 28-10

Bolts can make such a statement,too !

10. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    It is amazing...the stage is being set! Now for the execution!

Bolts beat down of he eagles!

Bolts embarrase the donkeys!

We have them right were we want them! They are scared...thinking of last year...here we go again!:tup:

11. Bolt-tastic voyage

Bolt-tastic voyage BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    all the pieces are in place! Here we come...

12. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Check the official Donko MB. The forumites are ready to slit their wrists. :lol:

13. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I just love it when a plan comes together... :bolt: :tup:

14. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    MNF tonight:

Denver offense --> 3 points

Steelers kicker --> 4 points, from PATs.

:icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  15. LA_BoltFan

LA_BoltFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    The win AT! NY was Huge the Donks Just got exposed how Orton aint nothing more than a game manager. Rivers is a Leader and will lead us to winning the Division!:tup:

First we have to handle Philly wich has been kind of SchitzoFrenic as a football team so we cant asume a W. Were goana have to earn it like how we have earned our W's so far.

then to milehigh to kick em while thier down! LETS GO BOLTS!:abq2::abq1::abq2:

16. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    WE really need to win the next two games. If we do, we will be leading the Division ( tie breaker, better division record ).

GO BOLTS :abq2::abq1:

17. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    Not just their technique, but their attitude, also.

18. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Seriously. They fly to the ball as a team and hit hard. The difference in attitude is like night and day.

Maybe Weddle's game face will be contagious.

19. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Our Bolt's need to stay focused and take care of business. It doesn't matter to me What the Donk's do as long as our Bolt's keep winning the Donk's will feel the heat.

20. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    did anyone hear the comment last night by Gruden during the game.

They were talking about how the Chargers had just beat the Giants with the late game drive, and Gruden blurted out how he liked Rivers being the quarterback in that situation.

21. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    The key to beating the Broncos defense is the No Huddle. I hope Norv was paying attention the last 2 weeks because the Ravens and Steelers used the No Huddle very effectively against the Broncos defense.

The 2 halves for the Steelers offense was night and day. They employed the no-huddle in the 2nd half and went through them like swiss cheese.

22. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    This ^^^ :tup:

23. Airw0lf

Airw0lf BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Is it just me or is Rivers actually often more effective with the no huddle? Some of his best drives period have been mostly no huddle drives...makes me wonder if we should try it more during a game instead of just waiting for a desperation drive?

Peyton Manning gets a huge amount of advantage throughout many games with no huddle plays and his audibles. I'm pretty certain Rivers has enough class to emulate that.

24. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I would like to see the no huddle more. I don't know about doing it all the time, but I would like to see us mix it in more often to throw teams off. A great game to do it in would be against the Broncos.

It wears out the defense and it doesn't allow them to make adjustments, which is helpful against an old defense that is going hard all game. It just wears them down and it was obvious last night and the week before.