1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Donks Interested in Michael Turner?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Boltdiehard, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
  2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I'd sooner give him to the Ravens

4. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    That's why you tender turner the maximum. You can then decide who to trade him for and what to trade him for. Otherwise, teams have to pony up a 1st and a third (something that is very very unlikely).

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    problem is we WANT someone to tender a first for him and with Lynch's stock dropping its possible. I just don't want it to be denver

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    What's the max tender for him?

7. TJBOLT

TJBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Hell no i rather sent him to the Raiders they dont know what to do with talent if he goes to the donks they become a threat to us

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    We get a first and third and right to match and Turner gets around $2.5 million for the year....chump change.

9. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Wow. Turner would absolutely shred in Denver's one-cut offense. He would challenge Larry Johnson for the title of NFL's best big feature-back.

10. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    We are the ones that have to tender Turner. If we tender him the mid level tender, and a team wishes to sign him, we will be compensated a 3rd round pick. If we tender him the second highest tender, under the same circumstances we'd be compensated a 1st round pick. If we tender him the highest, under the same circumstances we'd be compensated a 1st and a 3rd round pick.

This is why I think that Turner should be tendered the highest...

All the leverage is given to the Chargers front office: By slapping the highest tender (1st and 3rd compensation) it is unlikely that a team will attempt to sign him. But that's not to say that the Chargers can't field 1st round offers for him anyway. As opposed to tendering Turner only 1st round compensation, then Turner is free to negotiate contracts with anyone, and it's likely that the Chargers won't match it considering if he does come to a deal with another team, it will be for starters money. The Chargers really would have no say at that point. So really it makes more sense.

So imagine if three teams were interested. The Broncos, Jets and Ravens. Respectively, the Broncos have the 21st overall pick, the Jets the 25th overall pick, and the Ravens the 29th overall pick. If you tender him only a 1st rounder, and one of these teams believe he is worth giving up their 1st for, they will negotiate a contract. If Turner hypothetically decides to sign on with say the Ravens... then we are forced to take the 29th overall pick. Whereas, if we tender him the highest, we can pick and choose who to trade him to assuming all three teams were interested. We can work out a trade for one of those teams 1st's. One of the other perks to it is, if a 1st and a 3rd was too steep, AJ might also be able to squeeze in a late second day pick per say, instead of getting only a 1st (had he been tendered the second highest salary: 1st round compensation).

Hope I wasn't just babbling and some of this makes sense. =P

11. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    If we lose him I hope he doesn't go to an AFC team...

12. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    :yes:

13. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Not the Broncos.... My boy can't go there!! :icon_twisted:

14. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    triple :yes:

15. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I would think the Giants would want him...

16. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    They got Jacobs for their power back, they'll be fine.

I expect NYJ, Cleveland, Houston, Green Bay, and maybe even Carolina to show some interest though.

17. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Totally agree! I would Hate to have to face him twice a year:unsure:

18. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Turner will break the single season rushing record if he goes to Denver. I would hate to see him steamroll the Bolts and it's not going to happen but if it did I would actually root for him :icon_eek: The fans here have been azzholes to him and all his supporters :kisskiss:

19. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Hey Mtl, looking at your sig, did you go to college with Kim?

20. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    you're you, you... you're durnk, your druk, you, you're drunk.

21. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Not if we give him max tender. A lot of teams will lose interest and might just want to wait for next year to get him.

22. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Turner needs to be re-signed, with Norv running the O next season He'll see more action than he did under Marty. :bolt2:

23. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    and we nothing for him
    I'd prefer to get something for him and who knows, I still think the Packers are very interested in Turner now that Lynch has fallen down the draft chart