1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Donnie?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by leisure, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    No.

The team does not need distractions or Mickey Loomis thinking his balls are bigger than A.J.'s.

Now the price is a second rounder and if Donnie plays out the season, good otherwise we have more than competant back ups.

The Week 6 trading deadline looms.

2. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Unless they get a 2nd rounder in exchange for him, the chargers wouldn't let him go.

I think he's playing ok not great but ok

3. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    We need to get something of value otherwise the same way we dangled Brees, teams can bite or fuc-off.

4. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    What are you biatching about as your beloved Donna is still here?

What is up your *** now ?

I bet the deal offered was the fuc't up conditional on Stallworth getting signed to an extension which meant the 4th may be a third and Loomis is sending misinformation. Loomis is known as a SOB in negotiations.

In A.J. I trust because that mother fugger is possessed.

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Yeah, like that time AJ was stubborn about trading Eli and all we got in return was Rivers, Kaeding, Oben and Merriman.

I hate it when AJ does that. :icon_huh:

6. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    No dude you are missing the extension part. Stallworth has not been signed to the "fabled extension" as he merely got signed. There was a stipulation if I remember correctly that during the year dependent on Stallworths performance, if the acquiring club exercised its right to re-do the deal and sign him to an extension, the fourth round pick is upgraded to a third round pick. Stallworth to my knowledge has not re-done his deal after he was acquired.

Comprende?

7. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Then you believe Loomis offered up his own clubs Third round pick and it was not tied to the Stallworth deal? Rumor had it the deal involved Stallworth's compensation.

8. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    If you research kffl.com...they broke the news first about the 4th rounder the Saints get for Stallworth etc etc as compensation.

9. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Isn't it funny how the more dominant our defense is, the less you notice Donnie...

10. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851

:lol: True.

I'm not sure I even saw Donnie on the field versus the Titans. At least, his name wasn't mentioned that I can recall.

11. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I didn't hear his name mentioned either :icon_shrug:

12. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Donnie is indeed off to a slow start. Only leading the team in tackles. Will take him a few weeks to his lead like last year. Remember the closest tackler last year to him had less than half the tackles he had. He had twice as many tackles as the next highest tackler! 154 tackles vs. 77 for Godfrey. 2nd in the league in solo tackles with 114. Sorry, you don't get 114 solo tackles by being out of position. That is a fat number.

I don't get the heartburn against this guy. The man is quietly doing his job and pretty much now that the season started is keeping his mouth shut. Give him some credit.

We need him because we need the depth. As hard as this team hits and with teams like Baltimore and Pittsburgh coming up there are going to be some people banged up. The guy is smart and he will be get up some picks pretty soon with all that pressure upfront. He may be on the downside of his career but he is smart enough to adjust his game.

13. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851

Good job sticking up for your adopted Charger! :tup:

14. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Your boy has indeep shut his yap but has grown quiet on the field. I want some noise. I want some pain to be inflicted. Where is the pain other than seeing Donna collect his weekly paycheck ?

15. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Not easy defending my boy when everyone hates his guts. But I'll try.

I think he wants a ring and isn't just punching checks. He will keep his mouth shut the rest of the season I am sure. I think realizes his job is to hang tight in case our other guys overpursue and prevent big gainers.

16. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    As long as the 'D is this domininant, I want the same 11 starters back there, with the same rotation. No sense replacing Donnie right now.

17. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Donnie is so replaceable it's not even funny.

I GUARANTEE YOU ALL, whoever takes his spot on the field will lead the team in tackles in his first full year. GUARANTEED.

18. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I agree to the extent if someone dangles a 2nd round pick, you have to pull the trigger. You just have to pull it with our scouting staff.

Our back ups are just as good if not better than Donna.

19. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    In a heart beat :tup:

20. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Wait till the Saints lose a game or two....................