1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Don't expect to see Edwards dealt today

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20061017-9999-1s17chnotes.html <-- click for the full article.

By Kevin Acee
    UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
    October 17, 2006

The NFL trading deadline is today, and for many reasons it is a safe bet that linebacker Donnie Edwards is not going anywhere.

General Manager A.J. Smith declined yesterday to speak about Edwards, as he has since the end of July.

But it is known that only the New Orleans Saints have shown interest in Edwards since he was put on the trading block in April. And Smith turned down a third-round pick from the Saints last month after that team missed a Smith-imposed deadline to make the deal.
    It is likely now that a second-round pick is what it would take to pry Edwards from the Chargers.

And whether Smith would be willing to upset the chemistry in his No. 1-ranked defense at this point is doubtful (though no one should rule anything out with Smith). Smith was ready before the season to let Matt Wilhelm take over. But while the GM grew tired of Edwards' asking for a new contract and does not place a high value on Edwards' gaudy tackle statistics, Edwards is a savvy veteran who is often in position to make plays.

2. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Looks like you all are stuck with my boy for the rest of the year. :lol:

I told you he would pretty much keep his mouth shut and play.

Leading the team in tackles again but I think he did have a pretty miserable game in SF from what I saw. Hopefully he will some things to deserve some loving from Trumpy and the rest of the Donnie haters as the season wears on.

3. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    He's sitting pretty on that D right now. Things could have been much worse for him. Um, yeah.