1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Don't go see Spider-Man 3

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ride The Lightning, May 7, 2007.

1. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Unless you like dogshit.

Peter Parker the EMO for 2 hours then 20 seconds of Venom then boom!, credits.

Spidey 3 = ****

:mad2: x 3.4 billion internets

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    It was not great. My kids loved it, but I thought it would be a good HBO movie.

3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    I liked it. It was better than the 2nd one.

4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    You are officialy stripped of your Hollywood title.

Go sit in a corner!:icon_tease:

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    i'm going to see it when finals are over, sorry conc but this is one i'm actually very itnerested in seeing and there hasn't been a movie i'm interested in seeing in a long while

6. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    Is the knock on this move because of the "emo" look they gave Parker when he was doning the Venom garb?

Seriously, that's a lame reason to knock a movie and call it garbage.

The movie would've sucked if Venom was in the majority of the movie because they would've ****ed up the Spiderman storyline by not putting the outfit on Parker first (which they would've had to have done if they wanted to have Spidey fighting Venom for more than the latter end of the movie without making it 4 hours long.)

Anybody who went to watch Spiderman 3 and expected the Spiderman/Venom fights to comprise at least half of the movie was setting themselves up for disappointment.

I was actually quite pleased by the amount of the movie they were able to put Brock in the Venom suit while not ****ing up the storyline.

7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    By the way, a mod should probably edit the thread title to indicate spoilers might be seen in here.

8. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I saw it, and I liked it.

And next up is Shrek 3

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Dont apologize to me. The makers of this movie want every villian to be a Mr. Nice Guy, they want Parker to continually have silly love triangles, octangles and what have you. The stroyline was actually rather weak. If you want a show thats all oooh and ahhhh go see it. If your looking for a movie with a good storyline, and something where everyone doesnt hug at the end, cry on each others shoulders then dont go with high expectations.

The CG is also getting sloppy.

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :lol: :icon_rofl: Its really lame to go after someone because their opinion doesnt mesh with yours. He cant dislike the movie while you like it? :icon_shrug: :icon_evil:

• Like Like x 1
  11. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288

Kinda of like starting a thread because "someone" doesn't agree about Norv being able to motivate??:icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

:icon_rofl:

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    No more like attacking the guy because you think Norv can motivate. Geesh, if you cant keep up, take notes...

13. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288

I'm trying, but I'm on dial-up at work :icon_eek: :icon_sad:

14. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I haven't seen it... but will. :tup: I think I'll like it because it tells a story... I know the guys might be a little disappointed in that there appears to be less "action" in SM 3

15. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    MAJOR PLOTLINE/STORY SPOILERS AHEAD

Here's why I hated Spidey 3:

1. Hold the Extra cheese, please? One minute Harry is trying to kill Peter/Spidey, they next they are throwing high fives and tickling each other nuts. W. T. F? The dancing scene. Once on the street, the other in the bar. Did we really need to waste time on this crap twice in one movie? It was funny when he was walking down the street and messing with the girls, but even that got overdone and stopped being funny after about 5 seconds. Aunt May, Aunt May Aunt May, over and over again telling Peter the same boring tripe she's been telling him for 2 movie. And last but certainly not least, the Butler. Man, oh man, that friggin' Butler. "I don't know if I should mention this but since it is crutial to keeping this putrid plot moving right along I think I'll tell you 5 second after Peter asks for your help that your Dad wasn't murdered he killed himself, LOLOLOLOL!!!:11!!1!! Now run along and have fun playing superheros with your friends!!!!" And who the FUK goes to church and asks God to KILL PEOPLE?

2. The acting is extra bad in this one. Bryce Dallas Howard, although nice too look at, was terrible. As was Topher Grace, but he had no shot since his character was all but ignored the whole movie. And James Franco, forget it. He's not believeable as a friend or enemy to Peter. "OMG j00 KIlled mY d4ddy!!!11!!!!!!AGRHHHH!!!!"

3. NO CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. This is always a big problem to me. People shouldn't just pop up on the screen for NO REASON. You introduce 3 new main characters and give each of them probably a total of 2-3 minutes each in screentime to develop their back stories? Terrible storytelling. I didn't care for a single minute for any of the characters on the screen, NONE, after about halfway through the movie.

4. Peter goes Emo. Look, I normally don't care how people look/dress, but this is one style that needs to end. Greasy, combed forward hair, eyeliner, woe is me attitude. It's like "look at me, I'm so dark and mysterious". No, you're a dude wearing mascara who needs to comb his hair. You're gay. Kill yourself already.

5. Kirstin Dunst. I have never liked her casting although she is a fine actress, she just doesn't cut it as Mary Jane Watson. In the comic Mary Jane was HOT, she was a model, and singer, and actress. Dunst is not hot, sorry. Case in point, wait until the scene when Bryce Dallas Howard is on screen w/ Dunst then you'll see what a turd Dunst really is.

Look I am a huge Spider-Man fan, read the comic as a kid, wacthed the cartoons, the cheesy 70's tv show, and I loved the first 2 movies. I was very much looking forward to seeing this movie all weekend, hell, I've been looking forward to seeing this since I saw Spider-Man 2. I am so utterly diappointed to see a series come crashing down to the likes of X-Men 3, looking like a half asses job at making a movie with a whole bunch of eyepopping CG and a whole mess of character in order to sell toys.

I have come to the conclusion that when it comes to Hollywood and Comic heros they just don't friggin' get it. It's not about selling t-shirts, it's about making a GOOD MOVIE, period. Of couser, every 9, 10, and 11 year old will love it, and they should, since it's all mindless special effects and not thought process involved. Then they can drive their parents crazy begging them to go buy them some Spidey shoes and underwear and cereal and whatnot.

16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    Who said i'm going after him because of his opinion?

I'm simply stating mine. :rolleyes:

17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    Why is having a differing opinion and stating it viewed as "attacking" the other opinion? :icon_shrug:

That's what I'd like to know.

18. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    uh oh, RTL went into exstensive detail as to why he disagrees with my opinion on the movie.

Is he attacking me, Conc? Should I report his post to the mods? Or should I just view it as a differing opinion?

19. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Well, after having taken in a record breaking $151 million in the US (22.5 million people), and $382 million worldwide, I'd say pretty much everyone who could see it over the weekend has done such. :icon_eek:

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Who said you get to state yours!!!:icon_evil:

:icon_tease: :icon_rofl:

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Lets see here is your post...

It seems to me in the bolded statement that you are doing more than expressing your opinion on the movie. You are directly going after RTL's opinion. You disagree, thats fine. Obtuse but fine.

22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Man did you become a woman when you moved away. Show me where he is attackign your opinion? I will read it again, but it looked like he remained focused on the movie.

23. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I haven't seen the movie yet, but I heard from various sources that SandMan was neutered and didn't play out to be the bad-*** he was in the comics.

Notably, he really didn't use his major strength: The ability to take ANY shape and form. You only saw like one or two shapes and that's it.

24. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    It's my opinion that it's lame to call a movie horrible based soley off of the "emo" look they gave Peter Parker. Am I not allowed to have this opinion? It appears to me that you are attacking my opinion here.

RTL went on to state many other reasons why he didn't like the movie so, as it stands, I don't even think his opinion is lame...but if I still thought his opinion was lame I'd have a right to that opinion.

It seems to me that you are the one that needs to stop attacking other people's opinions.

25. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    He wasn't attacking my opinion...that was my point. :rolleyes:

26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I think that was my major problem, and i atribute it to marketing. The 'New Goblin' turns out to be nice, the Sandman turns into a creampuff.

Venom at the end was cool, Erik Freeman (that 70's show) actually made a good bad guy, once I stopped looking for Donna.

But the whole story seemed rushed, then slow, rushed then slow. Sorry Holywood, I just did not enjoy it as much as the first two. I would not go see it in the theater again

27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I thought your point was under your hat... :icon_tease:

28. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    You don't need to apologize to me, Conc.

I enjoyed the movie, but i'm easily amused.

29. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I am rubber you are glue...

You did state your opinion then I stated mine.

It seems to me that you are the one that needs to stop attacking other people's opinions.

30. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    There's only one person in this thread that's insinuating that another poster does not have a right to his opinion.

That person does not have a city name in his user title.