1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Don't know if Norv is safe, but it appears that Wade sure is.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by IFiredCHart, Jan 17, 2010.

1. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Jerry Jones released a statement today that he is committed to failure and will talk a contract extension with Wade Phillips later this week, not allowing the loss to the Vikings today to influence his status.

Somehow, I hope AJ at least gives his decision a little bit more consideration. :icon_huh:

2. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Hmmm maybe we could trade nate kaeding the to cowboys. He'd fit in well with captain choker Tony Romo and co!!

3. Vardog

Vardog BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    I'd even trade an a$$ for an a$$ right now....Kaeding for Gus the donkey. Where's Don Knotts when you need him.

4. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Wade Philips would get in Ron Rivera's way. If anything, I would want Norv to get canned and Ron to take over defense and HC.

5. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I don't think Norv will get fired, but I do wonder if they will still give him an extension or let him play out the last year of his contract (maybe give him a 1 yr deal so he's not a lame duck).

• Like Like x 1
  6. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Interesting idea...though with the lockout looming it creates a heck of a lot of uncertainty.

7. CaptainTapp

CaptainTapp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Dude... was just thinking the exact same thing. I know back in December it was reported that Norv was "guaranteed an extension" but I seriously think he needs to go. All season I was against the knee-jerk reaction of just saying "fire norv", and I thought he did a great job of turning them around... but looking back, how much of that was Norv and how much was Ron Rivera turning the Defense around, and AJ Smith hiring the perfect guys to fill positions depleted by injury, and how many times did Philip Rivers bail Norv out by making those ridiculous throws?

I don't know if Ron Rivera is the answer, but I'd like to at least give him a chance. He might not call the best passing plays but get us a good OC, and I get the feeling Rivera could keep our guys prepared enough to win ONE playoff game...

8. jerry62

jerry62 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Trade Nate for one of Dallas's RB's.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    The problem I have with having Rivera take over is I don't want the offense to fall apart. We don't really have an OC, unless you guys think Chud can handle it.

10. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    OC is such a hit and miss position too. My best guess is that whoever becomes the HC will install a new OC that they know from their past.