1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Down by 7, 2:24 left in the 4th...your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MasterOfPuppets, Dec 10, 2007.

?

What you thougth would happen

1. The Chosen one will come thru with a TD to tie

56.7%
  2. Drive end on downs

13.3%
  3. Rivers throws a dumb int to end the drive

30.0%
  1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    What where you guys thinking when Rivers had to lead this team 80 yards to a TD with 2:24 left?

I have to admit that the game would end with another Rivers interception, I'm glad to be wrong

2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I was wishing we had Sproles in there as our 3rd down back!!!

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

j/k

I honestly was thinking just keep getting first downs!!!

:yes::yes::yes:

3. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I had absolutely no doubt in my mind. I feel that positive energy can be given to any individual if the sender truly believes. I know I sound crazy but I can say it worked :p.

4. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I actually thought that once we went hurry up and everything became four down territory we would score. Their DL was gassed, which is why Rivers was finally able to have some time to step up and make some throws.

I was most worried when we were first and goal and there wasn't any room to move around.

5. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
    In that case, where the hell where you during the 1-3 start? :icon_evil:

6. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    When we got in "iffy FG range" and Norv went for the TD instead of going all Martyball and playing for the FG, my feelings of DOOM that I always felt last year, went away.

I really started to grip early on in the game, then I realized I didn't have my hat and forgot to post this guy :football: in the game day thread.

7. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    I never doubted it for a second.

I knew the Chosen One would lead us to victory !!! :bolt:

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I was hammering away in the gameday thread for the dogs to feel me.

I posted ... If we stopped them and went to the no huddle we will win and the score was 17-3 in the 4th qtr.

I had another post which said

Trust Philip Rivers
    Here WE Go

I feel vindicated. :abq2: :flag:

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    I was thinking "Mmmmmmm Pancakes"

what? I was having breakfast! :lol:

10. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    I have comfidense that Rivers wil bring us back. I did not have that confidense with Drew.

At no time do i think we cant pull it out with Phil....even if he is in a slump. Kid is tough and when he had time to throw, i knew we had a shot.

Computer is hit and miss...its working at this moment :lol:

11. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    The play of the game IMO was the Rivers sideline pass to VJ right before LT ran it in to win it. The Titans had sold-out to stop the run and I was shocked as the play developed and couldn't believe Norv called that play. :icon_party: :bolt: :abq2:

12. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    ditto.. except, there wasn't any TIME or TimeOuts to dikk around...

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Not sure just exactly why - something in the set of PR's jaw, maybe, & the look on LT's face. I just felt that we'd do it. :tup:

14. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    This was the third time in seven road games that we had a chance to win or tie in the final three minutes of the game. The first two ended badly. I thought PR was due.

15. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Marty would have never made that call. That was the backbreaker. It wasn't just VJ's catch, but the YAC. He made two or three nice moves to maximize the gain, and more importantly, secured the ball with both hands before getting popped.

16. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Dude it was a thing of beauty and I have been one of VJ's harshest critics but he showed me quite a bit on that play. I knew it was over after that. :yes: :bolt:

17. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
    Ok, looking at the overwhelming voto of confidence for Rivers...

Can I change the question to "Would you be comfortable with Keading trying a 30-40 yd FG to win in OT?" :icon_tease:

18. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Exactly what I said when that play happened. The Titans D looked gassed on that play. Then LT does his thing. :abq2:

19. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Not going to lie, i really thought he was going to make a horrible throw and get picked of ala jacksonville

Glad i was wrong about that

20. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Did you really have to post this? I think we all could have guessed what you thought, Mr. Turd in the Punch Bowl.

21. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I gotta admit, I did not have high hopes for a happy ending.

seldom so glad to be so wrong.:icon_toast:

22. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    NO, and neither was LT:no:

I was actually glad we were down a TD and figured that the team now has no choice but to nut up and drive all the way down. The worst feeling in the world is the one where the Chargers are leading all game just to flop on the last drive and give up a score to lose by 2 points or something. It kills. At least this time, we won, and by the end of the game I was just glad they made it look a little more respectable. But to actually come back and win on 20 unaswered points blew my freakin mind.

23. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I was confident that whole drive.

24. henryqjr2001

henryqjr2001 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Everytime the bolts made a big play... I slapped the Old Ladys ***!!:tup:

Go Bolts!!!

25. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I never doubted it for a second I new we would win the game :bolt:

26. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    i guess i just shouldnt post anything anymore than huh?

Should i just leave?

27. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    I still am, but he nutted up on that play and all I was screaming at the TV "Wrap up the ball!" when he started getting whacked. Big Props!!

Just glad he didn't do a victory flip of the ball. :lol:

I still wish he would extend his arms and reach for the ball. He could have had a shot at the Volek ball that was underthrown, but he didn't even try very hard. He is a 6'5", but he plays about 5'10".

28. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Me neither.

The wifey kept asking why we run up the middle for no gain. I told her we needed to soften up the defense. She says the people at the tailgaters say "they hate it so why do we do it ?" I tell her that the people at the tailgaters are not all fooball smart. :lol: She says "what?" and I tell her "you heard me". She tells me "I think they know more than you because this looks stupid."

This conversation went on for 3 1/2 quarters of football. I keep telling her a defense as aggressive as the Titans needs to be worn down so LT can run and pillage. I told her eventually the Titans defense would get tired of beating the **** out of Philip Rivers :yes: :lol:

The score was 17-3 and by that time we both figured out that one or the other had to leave the room and sit at the table because the negative waves I was getting was grinding on my balls.

That is when the Titan defense started to get tired and we started moving the ball and Rivers found his huevos which were buried by Fat Albert and crew.

"Trust this dude" is what I kept saying and "do not count him out".

Read the gameday thread. Many are now repenting their evil comments toward the "chosen one".

When Norv called the pass to Gates out of the I-formation which is normally a run and the screen at the goal line, fukit, that just cemented it.

Oh yeah I felt that win and it actually kicked in into overdrive when Wilhelm deflected the ball to kill the Titans drive. The Titans make that catch and the game is over.

29. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I had no doubt...

My confidence never waivered...

I was so sure of this team...

I knew they could do it...

I saw it in them...

...bubbling below the surface...

...I felt that nothing could stop this team...
    ...FROM COMPLETELY FALLING APART, SHIITING THE BED... AND LEAVING US ALL WITH THIS HUGE FEELING OF UTTER DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

Thank gawd that's over. Someone spiked my vodka with AJ's Piss Flavored Kool Aid and man is this shiit gooooooood!!!! :icon_party::icon_party:

30. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I was in Temecula for a youth soccer tournament, and caught the first half at a sports bar. Knowing I still had to drive home, and was going to have to put on chains and drive slowly up the mountain, I decided to listen to the second half on Sirius.

I hit the area where I needed to put chains on right about the time we started the last drive of regulation needing to tie. I rolled the windows down and turned up the sound listening while I was chaining up. When we scored the tying touchdown, I let out a pretty good celebratory yell. All the other people putting chains on looked at me like I was a nut, they had no idea why I was yelling.

So I finally get the chains on and get in line to be let up the hill, still listening to the game. When LT goes in for the win, I blew the horn and started yelling in my car. All the chain enforcement guys were looking at me, so I rolled my window down and told them what was up. A couple of them were Bolts fans, so they got excited too, and thanked me for the news.