1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Draft 2016

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gibbo100, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Gibbo100

Gibbo100 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
  2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,968
    ^^^ The best player available.

3. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +519
    That's more like it Gibbo, F the power rankings. Draft 2016 is where it is at for this pile of stinking you know what.

4. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +401
    After we trade back at least twice in the first round if possible for reasonable additional picks.

5. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +374
    I think the difference between the top 5 or so players in this draft compared to the 10-20 range makes it a good idea only to move down a couple of slots if at all.

If we land inside the top 5, I'd only move down if it's a can't miss offer, or if we are talking about moving down only 1 or 2 spots.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +559
    I'm a Brownie and Tit fan for the next two weeks.....need those two to win out.....we know we'll hold up our obligations. 2015-12-14 15.53.23.jpg

7. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +989
    So if we lose out, Browns win out, Rams and 49ers go 1-2, 2-1, or 0-3, those are 3 teams that could be QB hungry come May.

8. JohnnyX

JohnnyX ☆☆☆☆☆

Ratings:
    +416
    Just take Joey Bosa and call it a day. This team NEEDS blue chip talent. No trade downs, no trade ups, just trust your scouting and pick the next great Charger player.

9. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +989
    Well probably try and convert him into an ILB or something..

10. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +401
    Yeah, I see it differently because 1) I see virtually no difference at all between the top rated players and the players rated in the second half of the first round as I see this as an amazingly weak draft class at the top, and 2) we have many, many holes on the roster.

If I observed a large gap between the top rated players and those immediately below them and thought there was some kind of once in a decade player available to us, then I might reconsider my position. But I understand your position in light of your observations about the available players.

11. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +374
    Agree on some of that, it isn't a draft where there is a sure-fire number 1, but there are some good players (e.g. Ramsey, Bosa, Tunsil, Stanley, Hargreaves) that you will see a big drop off after down to the next available guy if you're moving out of the top 10, and this team does need a high-ceiling blue chip talent to come in as much as it needs depth.

I guess a lot of any discussion to trade down ultimately comes down to what the offer is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +989
    Wouldn't mind trading back 2-3 spots, taking the best offensive trench player available and then if Nkemdiche drops significantly into the late 20's in the draft after all that is surrounding him, I wouldn't mind a trade back into the 1st round. You may be getting top talent in the trenches, but this is all speculation, a lot can and will happen between now and May.

• Agree Agree x 1