1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Draft 2016

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gibbo100, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Gibbo100

Gibbo100 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
  2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    ^^^ The best player available.

3. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +504
    That's more like it Gibbo, F the power rankings. Draft 2016 is where it is at for this pile of stinking you know what.

4. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +302
    After we trade back at least twice in the first round if possible for reasonable additional picks.

5. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    I think the difference between the top 5 or so players in this draft compared to the 10-20 range makes it a good idea only to move down a couple of slots if at all.

If we land inside the top 5, I'd only move down if it's a can't miss offer, or if we are talking about moving down only 1 or 2 spots.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    I'm a Brownie and Tit fan for the next two weeks.....need those two to win out.....we know we'll hold up our obligations. 2015-12-14 15.53.23.jpg

7. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    So if we lose out, Browns win out, Rams and 49ers go 1-2, 2-1, or 0-3, those are 3 teams that could be QB hungry come May.

8. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Just take Joey Bosa and call it a day. This team NEEDS blue chip talent. No trade downs, no trade ups, just trust your scouting and pick the next great Charger player.

9. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    Well probably try and convert him into an ILB or something..

10. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +302
    Yeah, I see it differently because 1) I see virtually no difference at all between the top rated players and the players rated in the second half of the first round as I see this as an amazingly weak draft class at the top, and 2) we have many, many holes on the roster.

If I observed a large gap between the top rated players and those immediately below them and thought there was some kind of once in a decade player available to us, then I might reconsider my position. But I understand your position in light of your observations about the available players.

11. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    Agree on some of that, it isn't a draft where there is a sure-fire number 1, but there are some good players (e.g. Ramsey, Bosa, Tunsil, Stanley, Hargreaves) that you will see a big drop off after down to the next available guy if you're moving out of the top 10, and this team does need a high-ceiling blue chip talent to come in as much as it needs depth.

I guess a lot of any discussion to trade down ultimately comes down to what the offer is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    Wouldn't mind trading back 2-3 spots, taking the best offensive trench player available and then if Nkemdiche drops significantly into the late 20's in the draft after all that is surrounding him, I wouldn't mind a trade back into the 1st round. You may be getting top talent in the trenches, but this is all speculation, a lot can and will happen between now and May.

• Agree Agree x 1