1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Draft Analysis

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by szarmes, Feb 18, 2010.

1. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Jan 11, 2010
    There is definitely a lot of talent in this years draft, some say the most talented since 1983. There is also a certainty that we could get a pro-bowl runningback in rounds other than round 1. A few standouts to mention in the recent years who weren't first round picks are Ray Rice, Maurice Jones Drew, Frank Gore, Marion Barber, Matt Forte, Shon Greene, and our own Darren Sproles. I really think that AJ will have the mindset of being able to snag a RB after the first round. In round 1, he will probably go for a DT (as in Dan Williams or Jared Odrick or Brian Price) or possibly the best CB available (Patrick Robinson, Kyle Wilson, Devin Mccourty, etc...) It would definitely help out a lot if we got a 2nd or 3rd round pick from a Cro trade so we could draft a RB. In this case, some RB possibilities are Jahvid Best, Lagarrette Blount, Montario Hardesty, Joique Bell *(we'll see how he does at the combine), Ben Tate, Joe McKnight, or Toby Gerhart. All of which I would not mind seeing a Bolt's jersey... but if
    the pick we get for Cro is a high pick, I could see us getting Dwyer or Mathews in mid round 2.