1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Draft Day 2 Rounds 2-3

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ThunderHorse17, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +179
    yeah i agree with you rainey wouldnt be the backup rb.. if mathews got hurt we obviously wouldnt be depending on rainey for 20 carries, if we did take rainey in the 4th or 5th we would still need a more conventional backup rb who is able to do the things asked of a rb in the nfl in case mathews got hurt.. i look at what rainey brings to the table as a position by itself.. could u do without it? yes .. is eddie royal a similiar kind of player to what im describing? perhaps...... but rainey with his world class speed and all but thats not even why i want him its because some of the moves rainey makes in the open field are unbelievable.. id say hes the most elusive back/gadget guy/watever-u-wannna-call-him-just-give-him-the-ball-a-few-times-a-game-and-the-fans-of-the-other-team-have-to-hold-their-breath in the whole draft.... could it get predictable? yeah... but just because its predictable doesnt make it easy to stop

2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696
    I can't remember the last time I've been so satisfied with an AJ Smith draft before.

Land Miller or Gray tomorrow, and I give AJ an A+ no matter what. Brilliant job.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,453
    Arguably the best pass rusher, a quality DE, and the 3rd ranked SS in the draft...... a pretty nice haul. Not a single "reach" in the bunch. :tup:

4. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696
    I'm wondering why Miller and Massie have fallen so far. Anyone hear anything?

5. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,071
    We can all be thankful for that decision then .................. seriously Conc, there are just some things a man your size shouldn't be trying, one is anything that could knock the planet off its axis.

6. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Just on all this discussion regarding this Rainey kid.

All these "Sproles comparisons" are just fine, but have a few in here forgot already how Norf NEVER utilised him properly, as the Saints have ?

Why on earth would anyone think Norf would suddenly change his coaching philosophy on small backs for this guy, if he wouldn't for a proven NFL player like Sproles ?

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Hmmm ..... 2 for 2 with the 1st & 2nd round picks.

Good thing I don't know **** about football.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    You know what they say, Shyte rolls, slides or runs downhill. Pag's must feel like he's in a pressure cooker and the counter weight is welded in place. I just hope for once in chargers history, I get to witness an attacking and relentless kick you in the balls style defense. When the offense is clicking no problems, but when they misfire it would be nice for a defense that can win a 10-9 game even if it requires them to score the TD. I dare to dream!

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Miller due to medical concerns (shoulder) & blitz p/u.

Massie because he looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

10. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +179
    he tore his labrum but that isnt a major injury for a rb so maybe there is something else that hasnt been reported

11. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Was that another "toot" that just left your arsehole Buck, or am I hearing things ? ;)

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071

God knows we've had enough of those over the last few years ...............I'll be nice for a change and not mention names, simply because I'm in a good mood because of the draft. :whistling:

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Your hearing is just fine, jacko. :D

14. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,208
    What? You tooted again?

15. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Hey Conco, if Bucko keeps this up, we may have to rename him "Casey Jones and the CannonArse Express" ...... Toot Toot !!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Ridin' that train ....

• Like Like x 2