1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Draft Look/RB

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Feb 22, 2009.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Teams drafting before us that can use a RB.

1. Detroit Lions - NO
    2. St. Louis Rams - NO
    3. Kansas City Chiefs - YES
    4. Seattle Seahawks - MAYBE
    5. Cleveland Browns - YES
    6. Cincinnati Bengals - YES
    7. Oakland Raiders - NO
    8. Jacksonville Jaguars - YES
    9. Green Bay Packers - NO
    10. San Francisco 49ers - NO
    11. Buffalo Bills - MAYBE/DOUBT IT
    12. Denver Broncos - YES
    13. Washington Redskins - NO
    14. New Orleans Saints - NO
    15. Houston Texans - NO
    16. San Diego Chargers

The question is are the other teams willing to pull the trigger for a RB that high in the draft? I believe one or two of the RB's will be taken by the time we draft (Wells/Moreno). I still don't think that AJ will draft a RB if there is beef available.

2. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    AJ found Sproles in the 4th round and Michael Turner in the 5th. I don't think he necessarily feels like he has to get a RB in the first round.

3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I don't think so either. I think it all depends on if we sign LT. If not then AJ may go in that direction if one of his guys are available at 16.

Another random/non-realistic thought I had was if we sign LT then we trade Sproles for draft picks and draft Percy Harvin. :icon_tease:

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    The ONLY way that I see AJ drafting a RB in the first or second would be if we got a second first in a trade of Sproles or if we picked up a second as part of a deal for Sproles or LT.

Otherwise, he waits until our third & grabs someone like Donald or Andre Brown, Gartrelle or Jeremiah Johnson, or Cedric Peerman.

5. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    He drafted jacob hester in the 3rd and Marcus thomas in the 5th
    He also used a top 5 pick on LT and was the head scout when the bills used their top pick on Thurman Thomas

6. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Donald Brown wont be there in the 3rd, Gartrell Johnson sucks and neither JJ or Peerman offere anything more than sproles (basically a glorified 3rd down/utility back)

Andre Brown and PJ Hill are great power runners but neither have great speed to be anything more than power backs

7. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    So? We badly needed a RB when we drafted LT and so did Buffalo when they draft Thurman. We arent in that situation now. Sproles will be here and LT will be too. RB just wont be a high priority this year. Maybe next year.

8. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Knowing that LT is turning 30, Sproles isn't an every down back, doesn't make you think that the Chargers won't make RB a priority?

I think that if Moreno is there at #16 and the Chargers don't like what's there for OL and DL, they'll take him.

I still think that Moreno is at the top of their available board.

9. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    No because AJ didnt trade away picks to draft Hester so RB would be a problem in 2009. RB wont be the pick for us in round 1. ONLY reason that possibility would exist is if they release LT.

10. Bolts 74'

Bolts 74' BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    know one is mentioning :

Rashad Jennings, Liberty
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 231.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.46.
    Combine 40 Time: 4.64.
    Benchx225: 29. Vertical: . Broad: 10-0.
    Projected Round (2009): 3-4.
    1/3/09: Rashad Jennings finished his sterling 2008 campaign with 1,500 rushing yards and 17 touchdowns.

10/18/08: For those of you who don't follow 1-AA football, Liberty is undefeated. The main reason is Rashad Jennings, who is literally carrying the Flames, Through six games, Jennings has 725 yards and eight touchdowns on a 5.6 YPC clip. NFL GMs and scouts are going to love his 40 time.

5/21/08: Rashad Jennings is a transfer from Pittsburgh, but he didn't switch schools because he couldn't keep up; he had family issues to deal with. At Liberty, Jennings totaled 1,113 yards and 15 touchdowns.

I think he will turn out to be a really productive back in the NFL

11. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434

Yep I concur. I said this in thread yesterday as well fellas. Not mention for those of you that are high on Moreno....And I mean (high). He ran a 4.6 40 yesterday. So the chances of him being at 16 are almost a guarantee. He is slow and very very overrated. This RB crop in the first round is weak, we are better off to go after Shonn Green from Iowa in the 3rd if he for some strike of god he is there.

12. floridaboltfan

floridaboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Im stuck down here in Florida-Georgia hell and trust me MOreno is the real deal. When Florida fans give props to a bulldog hes good. This guy will be a great NFL back (think about another former bulldog by the name of Walker.)

13. floridaboltfan

floridaboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    1. Detroit Lions - NO
    2. St. Louis Rams - NO
    3. Kansas City Chiefs - NO(TO MUCH $$ IN LJ)
    4. Seattle Seahawks - MAYBE (MORE PRESSING ISSUES)
    5. Cleveland Browns - YES BUT NO VALUE THIS EARLY
    6. Cincinnati Bengals - YES BUT NO VALUE THIS EARLY
    7. Oakland Raiders - NO
    8. Jacksonville Jaguars - NO (JONES DREW AND GREG JONES)
    9. Green Bay Packers - NO
    10. San Francisco 49ers - NO
    11. Buffalo Bills - MAYBE/DOUBT IT
    12. Denver Broncos - YES BUT THEY GO DEFENSE HERE
    13. Washington Redskins - NO
    14. New Orleans Saints - NO
    15. Houston Texans - NO
    16. San Diego Chargers