1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Draft Order Change?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TBF, Mar 18, 2009.

1. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    From KFFL...

NFL | Competition committee recommends draft order change
    Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:33:06 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the NFL Competition Committee has recommended a reseeding in the draft order where the non-playoff teams would be ranked based on their record and the 12 playoff teams would receive one of the last 12 picks in a round based on how far they go in the playoffs. The recommendation will be discussed during the NFL owners meeting next week.

BS... We like that we went two deep into the playoffs and earned a #16 pick. I vote they kick Denver out of the damn league for not being able to seal the deal with 4 games left... That is what caused this problem in the first place....In Golf Denver was Dormie up by 4 strokes with 4 to play for a chance at a playoff with Tiger woods at a major and they COULDN'T GET IT DONE... Denver sucks and so does this new rule idea, unless it is implemented next year and does't affect us...

2. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    Yeah, the rules change wouldn't take effect until next year. This year's draft has already been slotted.

3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I doubt this will affect this year's draft. I don't think they can change the rules after the fact. But going forward, I think this makes sense. I think the 12 playoff teams should have the last 12 picks in the first round. Hardly makes sense to keep a team with a better record out of the playoffs because of the division they are in and then also give them a crappier draft pick than the team that went to the playoffs ahead of them.

4. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Unless that team with a better record is the cheating Patsies. :lol:

5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I like the proposed rule, I also like what happend this year (high draft pick + playoffs)

6. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Not like this happens very often. I dont see the big deal.

7. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    draft order makes sense - but i heard people talking about also changing the playoff seeding... that I don't like. If you win your division, you should get to host a game imo.

8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    They talked about that last year and IIRC, it got voted down easily.

9. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I thought this WAS THE RULE already.

Only a month or two ago did I realize it wasn't, and thats only because we ended up magically with the 16 pick rather than the 24th or 25th. I agree with the rule in theory.