1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Draft talk from Mel Kiper

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by gettough, Mar 15, 2012.

1. gettough

gettough BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    Don't think we have the picks to trade up for anything let alone an offensive player. If he's there at 18, wonderful, I'd seriously consider him. Other than that, based especially on what's going on with FA the Chargers need to carpet bomb the defensive side in the draft. I'd tolerate Green for a full year and one more from Vasquez if it means we add a pass rusher and a strong safety in this draft

3. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    I agree, if we spent every single pick on defense I wouldn't complain.

2 Safties
    2 CBs
    2 D-linemen
    1 OLB
    1 ILB

In almost any order. And given that most teams only get 2 starters and 1 service able player out of every draft I'd say that'll be enough to overhaul our defense that is going to get hit hard by FA next year.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    I'd be happy with a draft of Whitney Mercilus, Harrison Smith, Josh Chapman, and then add a TE/RT (yeah right)/whatever else. As long as we get an OLB and an SS in the first three rounds I'm good

5. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +636
    I'd be happy with Nick Perry, Courtney Upshaw, Whitney Upshaw, Vinny Curry, Andre Branch, and Jonathan Massaquoi in that particular order for OLB's.. and for Safeties I'd be happy with Harrison Smith, Antonio Allen, Jerrel Young, and Winston Guy Jr. in that particular order as well..

I'd like us also to draft a DL, ILB may come next year with Manti Te'o hopefully. Imaging pairing him up with Butler next year :D

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    BPA, biatches. :tup:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/stor...tered-draft-boards-bills-bucs-other-teams-nfl

7. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
  8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Casserly is a dottering old fool, particularly if he thinks Kuechly drops to 32.

9. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    True, but I can see alot of that mock coming true, well as far as the 32 players listed and the first 32 picks and players that were 1st round projectsors (even after the combine #s were set) sliding to the second.