1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Drayton Florence

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Bolts4lyfe, May 4, 2012.

1. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    Kevin Acee just tweeted

Bills released @DraytonFlorence. Chargers tried to extend 2x when he was here & then bring him back in 2009. They'll be interested again.

2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    oh god no. This dick is unforgivable.

4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Interested in what exactly? :confused:

5. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Florence is as old as Jammer, and 1/10th the player.

6. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    except for the fact that last year alone Florence had

50 tackles to Jammers 53
    1 forced fumble to Jammers 0
    3 interceptions to Jammers 0

personally I would rather have Cason and Gilchrist on the outside with Jammer at nickel

but we do need another DB to come in and help at depth, and I was just posting what Acee was saying

7. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Can any of this be contributed to teams throwing more towards Florence and away from Jammer? Isn't this always part of the arguments about who is better and stuff? I mean, I don't know if I believe it or not, but just wondering.

Agree with Cason and Gilchrist.

8. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    If he was an impact player, or good in coverage, he wouldn't be getting cut.

9. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    That's also what I thought at that moment. But then I remembered that it was Parker who
    muffed, giving the Patsies the ball.
    Unforgivable list:
    Parker
    DFlo
    McCree
    Kaeding

Who am I forgetting?
    By the way, I haven't completely forgiven Kaeding either, but bringing in Florence as a
    Nickel or Backup to Jammer, wouldn't be the worst idea. Up until that idiotic headbutt,
    he was holding his own.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    When the Bills have Mcgee, Mckelvin, Byrd, as well as spending 1st round pick on Gilmore, 4th round on Brooks and a high 2nd last year on Williams and you're paying a 31 yr old 4 mil. this year and 5 mil. next year, yes odds are Florence was the odd man out. Just like lets say we got Kirkpatrick this year and thought Wright and Gilchrist were ready odds are Jammer would be getting cut

Again Im not saying we have to get Florence Im just saying we need depth, and Florence is out there and we can probably get him cheap, another guy would be Mcfadden

11. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    If we get him 3rd world glass of tap water cheap, great. Otherwise I wouldn't want him.

12. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    Indeed!, and if we do then the first glass of Tijuana tap water is on me ;)

13. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    Ah god auld D-Flo. now theres a blast from the past

14. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...n-drayton-florence?module=HP11_headline_stack

Free-agent cornerback Drayton Florence may be headed back to the San Diego Chargers, sources told U-T San Diego Friday.

Florence, who was released by the Buffalo Bills earlier Friday, began his NFL career with the Chargers in 2003.

The team has interest in the corner to add depth to the defensive backfield and step in at nickelback.

Florence left the Chargers for the Jacksonville Jaguars as a free agent following the 2007 season. He played one season in Jacksonville before getting cut and landing Buffalo. He played the past three seasons with the Bills.

The nine-year veteran has recorded 79 pass deflections and 17 interceptions, returning two for touchdowns in his career.

16. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378
    Glad to see that the thought in here is .............."Fark NO !!!!"

This guy is a total jerkoff and was cut 3 years ago for a damn good reason ................ he was useless and a totally undisiplined turd to boot, why on earth he'd be bought back now after 3 years away playing for the likes of Jacksonville and Buffalo, is beyond my thinking.

Get real AJ & Co, there has to be something else out there better than this, don't gomessing up an otherwise successful offseason thus far ..................big step backwards if they take this chance, sorry, but this Leopard can't change his Spots and that headbutt incident will never leave my memory unfortunately. :mad:

I dislike this guy more than McCree and thats saying something.

17. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/631/drayton-florence

So... I have to wonder, if we're not going to give him reps at nickel or safety what exactly was the point of spending a 2nd on Gilchrist? So he could return kicks and gun? I'll be the first to admit that despite the bitter taste that's still in my mouth all these years later from that damn headbutt from DFlo, we could do a lot worse than him as an option at nickel or dime back. That said... I'd sooner bring Hughes back on the same vet min deal or one of several other guys like Phillip Buchanon.

It is what it is. Hope that Wright and Gilchrist show up huge in camp and make him expendable - assuming he does sign.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378
    YEP...............this would be a step backward big time, I'd take Hughes back also before ever considering DFlop.

Agree about Gilchrist and Wright and let's not forget Stuckey also, if you bring a guy back with DFlops past history, whats that saying about the ability and future of these guys ?............nothing good I'd suggest.

19. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    The only problem I'd have in bringing in Florence would be, as stated above, If he were to come in and surpass Gilchrist and Wright. we used 2 moderately high picks on these two and I think if these 2 take a step backwards last years draft was a complete waste. All of our pick excluding Liuget would be Special team lifers if that's the case

20. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    So you're saying we shouldn't bring D-Flo in because he might be better than the players we have? :tdown:

• Funny Funny x 2
  21. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    No, Im saying if we bring him in just with experience alone he would most likely surpass Gilchrist and Wright, the 2 sophomores may be better or more talented but, if we bring in Florence they may not get a fair shot then they would if we brought back Hughes.

22. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    Florence would be running with the one's and two's while Gilchrist and Wright would be running with the two's and three's or the three's and four's, I don't think theyy'd get a true assessment on what Gilchrist could do with the one's after a full off season and a year to learn the playbook

23. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    Agree. People get too emotional about a player IMO. If he can help, and I think he can, at vet minimun he's not a bad addition.

24. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    I doubt he signs for the minimum...... the Broncos and Raiders may also have interest.

25. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    Good point, but I doubt he'd cost much. If he does.... no thanks.

26. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    The Lions as well, Im assuming he'll test the market looking for the highest bidder

27. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    No thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Which is why he's done quite well for himself since he's left the Chargers.

29. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Veteran minimum, sure. Anything more, no

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Under no circumstances !:cautious: